• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Can the devs just release something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Gramson

Backer
Ive played alot of early access games, so i have no issue with it being crap and then ya'll updating it. Ive already paid for the game as has everyone else, i honestly dont care if its "broken" cause then ya'll can just update it regularly, same as what the devs for The Forest do.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
In due time...

Gabbas

Backer
That's not the direction they want to go. Look at the other "early access" titles that released too early. I've been part of DayZ since the first days of the mod. When the standalone came out it was terrible. I struggled through it. I believe that the way these devs are doing it is the right way. Something solid and playable then add updates. Work the major bugs out before adding stuff that creates bugs upon bugs from the previous initial release being shit. Same thing with dayz, they pretty much had to make a whole new engine based upon the code they had to keep writing and reworking. The "infusion" engine as it was called was not a "new engine" but just written over so much that it couldn't have its original name. This way, the way STN is going is the right way. We just have to wait. And it's worth it. These guys have too much riding on the first impression to not put out a good product. Keep up the good work devs. - end rant.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
That's not the direction they want to go. Look at the other "early access" titles that released too early. I've been part of DayZ since the first days of the mod. When the standalone came out it was terrible. I struggled through it. I believe that the way these devs are doing it is the right way. Something solid and playable then add updates. Work the major bugs out before adding stuff that creates bugs upon bugs from the previous initial release being shit. Same thing with dayz, they pretty much had to make a whole new engine based upon the code they had to keep writing and reworking. The "infusion" engine as it was called was not a "new engine" but just written over so much that it couldn't have its original name. This way, the way STN is going is the right way. We just have to wait. And it's worth it. These guys have too much riding on the first impression to not put out a good product. Keep up the good work devs. - end rant.
Thats not a rant, all totally valid points.

Moderator #5

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Couldn't agree more. I am a "old" DayZ mod player also, and I feel that Standalone was released at least a year too early.

I would much rather have these guys be totally honest, take their time, listen to the community, and then run with it.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I pre-mature ejac.... sorry I meant pre-meature release (same thing hehe) is never a good thing ;)

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I would have to agree with every one here, I would rather not rush it. Patience Young @Gramson we will have our day of glory soon.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Soon, it's closer than it ever has been! We've really worked on optimization since the last update and the month has just flown by! The time spent has been well worth it, the results are pretty impressive. We still have a bit more design work to do in our initial testing area, we have to set up a build deployment system that with any luck won't fail us. We'll notify everyone, throw the builds up and we're off to the races.

We're not far off now, so there is no sense in rushing it at this point. The first stress test builds are nothing too impressive either, they're the very backbone of what STN will become. A solid stepping stone and baseline to work off of. This isn't the same project we put on Kickstarter and Steam, it's not the same project you backed. It has become a much larger beast. We're a bit bigger of a team now, with more experience under our belts. We've upgraded our engine, removing constraints and allowing us to do even more with the game. This isn't going to speed things up it will however make the game that much better.

Edit - Thanks for the support everyone! <3

Guido Groen

Backer
I
Can the devs just release something?
I just released a big floater in the toilet just now...does that count as a release?
I mean...it was pretty hard work, and it took me longer than expected...and people were waiting for me to finish for a while now...but they didn't want to play with what I had released strangely enough...:)

Last edited:
Soon, it's closer than it ever has been! We've really worked on optimization since the last update and the month has just flown by! The time spent has been well worth it, the results are pretty impressive. We still have a bit more design work to do in our initial testing area, we have to set up a build deployment system that with any luck won't fail us. We'll notify everyone, throw the builds up and we're off to the races.

We're not far off now, so there is no sense in rushing it at this point. The first stress test builds are nothing too impressive either, they're the very backbone of what STN will become. A solid stepping stone and baseline to work off of. This isn't the same project we put on Kickstarter and Steam, it's not the same project you backed. It has become a much larger beast. We're a bit bigger of a team now, with more experience under our belts. We've upgraded our engine, removing constraints and allowing us to do even more with the game. This isn't going to speed things up it will however make the game that much better.

Edit - Thanks for the support everyone! <3
Knowing that you replied on april fools day...got me thinking this is a joke :mad:

Davz Not Here

Backer

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Ive played alot of early access games, so i have no issue with it being crap and then ya'll updating it. Ive already paid for the game as has everyone else, i honestly dont care if its "broken" cause then ya'll can just update it regularly, same as what the devs for The Forest do.
I'm sorry WHAT!!!!! did you really just ask them to put out any old crap?? they are working hard to deliver at least a half enjoyable game as a stress test. And then they will sort out the bugs found in the stress tests and release the alpha.
the amount of people that brought games such as the forest, and got bored of it within the first week is incredible. I myself, and several friends deleted the game from the library because it was so poor and a waste of space. Yeah they may have fixed it now, but its too late. Its all about the first impressions.
That is what the Devs are trying to avoid, by not putting out shitty content..

Davidbc

Survivor
Backer

JB_

Developer
Developer
Not for stress tests, but Alpha or Beta i'd say. They are probably working on mass e-mail, and ensuring the download server(s) are ready. Estimated file size is <1GB (if i remember right).
Yeah exactly, we won't be releasing on Steam until the team and all of our current backers are happy with the builds :)

Davidbc

Survivor
Backer
Yeah exactly, we won't be releasing on Steam until the team and all of our current backers are happy with the builds :)
There is no need to release the game on steam. You can allow backers to have a steam key to download it using steam. That's what other developers are doing, for example the game BeamNG.Drive, (a vehicle simulator) devs did this (I backed it too). We got a steam key to download it and get updates but the game isn't released yet on steam, you can only buy it through their website at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.