• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car Dolly

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Yeah I have disliked the idea of towing vehicles. You would need a vehicle in pretty close to working order to tow it anyways so why not just go out and fix it up and bring it back.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Well not really.

The difference is without towing they'll have to venture out on foot to fix it which can easily get them killed. It's also a much more rewarding process. If they're not alone than towing a vehicle is moot. So really towing is not necessary.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Thread starter #11

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
Dawg you're talking about the process I'm talking about the result, having towing in the game isn't going to change wether or not people hoard vehicles. If people hoard vehicles, at least you know where they are lol

Last edited:
Moderator #12

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Who cares if someone wants to stockpile vehicles... that's the awesomeness of a sandbox apocalypse game. Plus, it will give me something to do when I find the stockpile... plan my strategy to go steal whatever ones I want.

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
I think making a tow truck or trailer super rare would make the person who finds one think twice about it too because it puts I big target on your back. Everyone would want it.

Thread starter #14

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
why should it be rare? these things are not rare in real life and should not be rare in game. There is no such thing as game balance, its player balance. You end up tweaking forever because one group or several are whining about things. Rule of thumb, if its not rare in real world, its not rare in game.
Before the mil gear group starts in on mil gear isn't rare, it is, the vast majority (barring those serving in the military) have never even seen military gear outside of tv/movies. It makes no sense that a thing that is common in everyday life be made rare in game. Having mini-ranted that, on the size of the island proposed by the devs for the alpha island, can't really see more than 2-3 tow trucks, but the trailer thing anyone can have, a lot of people use them to tow jeeps and such behind the rv when they go camping.