• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car failing to start: a source of tension and a reason to maintain your equipment and skills

Thread starter #1

drNovikov

Backer
I saw the "Concept #2" video on Youtube, and there was a guy starting a car. I thought that a car failing to start and needing to get started again and again while death approaches slowly and inevitably could become a great source of in-game tension, and could make maintaining a car and obtaining proper skills very reasonable.

Being chased by zombies, getting into a car and having to start it again and again could become one of those "oh s**t I crapped my pants that was awesome" moments that players would share. Also, it could become part of a Youtube promo scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
I saw the "Concept #2" video on Youtube, and there was a guy starting a car. I thought that a car failing to start and needing to get started again and again while death approaches slowly and inevitably could become a great source of in-game tension, and could make maintaining a car and obtaining proper skills very reasonable.

Being chased by zombies, getting into a car and having to start it again and again could become one of that "oh s**t I crapped my pants that was awesome" moments that players would share. Also, it could become part of a Youtube promo scenario.
I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Supermarine

Never take the lead - but aim to do something big.
Backer
It cold be like over time parts become more and more damaged the more they are used so then the car as a higher chance of failing to start

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
If you have a microphone you can try to whisper sweet nothings to make it start faster or swear to delay it further.
Like the vehicle maintenance aspect though, esp. if you flatten a ton of zeds and need to get yo whip back lookin' fine.