• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car jacks, tire irons

Thread starter #1

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
I looked so I hope this isn't a repost. I think it would be cool if in your quest to find parts for your vehicle you also needed to find a tire iron and jack to take the wheels on and off. This should be easy, because there is usually one in every car, but it would be a nice touch, and add an interesting dilemma of being exposed for some time while jacking up and removing the bolts to get the tire off. Also there should be a chance of simply finding a spare tire in the car too. Thoughts?

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Instead of having to find individual items how about just a "Repair Kit". Which would encompass all the necessary tools. But would also still need the individual parts necessary for the repair.

For example instead of needing a jack, tire iron, and a wheel to put a wheel on you would instead need a repair kit and a wheel.

Moderator #5

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think the need to find individual parts makes people have to work harder to do what they want to do in game, thus making replayability better, and making the game more challenging, which I personally enjoy.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
While that's true these items need to have multi-purposes. A jack just doesn't have any other purpose than lifting a car. I think instead of creating other uses for single use items it could be better spent elsewhere.

Moderator #7

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Nah, get inventive, everything can be repurposed some way or another, I mean... look at all the ways we have used different things to create traps and weapons and such.

Thread starter #8

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
I mean ALOT of people want immersion, and the hard truth is that not everything in an immersive world will have more than one use. Some won't have any. But when it comes to say a jack, i'd say that would be a very valuable tool to have at your disposal when a vehical is your chosen form of transportation.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Tire Iron could also be used as a weapon.... These are good ideas i hope the get implemented

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1

Seems as this thought is relative to vehicle maintenance and tires....

What about the thought of needing to fill flat tires with air?

While that's true these items need to have multi-purposes. A jack just doesn't have any other purpose than lifting a car. I think instead of creating other uses for single use items it could be better spent elsewhere.
Indeed, you could also need a jack to enter certain buildings like opening a gap in almost closed shutters big enough for people (and zeds) to crawl under... and maybe some other stuff.

Last edited: