• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car spawning and such.

Thread starter #1

Panky

That person just there
Backer
In many games like Day z if cars are available they are as rare as hell and i think that sucks. You randomly find a car and there you go, pure luck. In reality cars would be common just all broken and stuff, needing repair. Finding a car out of many you like and you having to rebuild it would make it more personal. Rather than find a car, break it leave it, it would have more value. Maybe repairing a car would give positive sanity.

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Depending on how long after the apocalypse begins, you would actually see a ton of vehicles in perfect working order.

If it is several years after SHTF, then vehicles would be broken down and hard to get running.

Either way, I think there should be tons of vehicles, with tons of parts. But standard vehicles shouldn't be the hard finds, something worthy of a apocalypse mobile should be rarer, and the parts harder to acquire IMO.

Thread starter #3

Panky

That person just there
Backer
Depending on how long after the apocalypse begins, you would actually see a ton of vehicles in perfect working order.

If it is several years after SHTF, then vehicles would be broken down and hard to get running.

Either way, I think there should be tons of vehicles, with tons of parts. But standard vehicles shouldn't be the hard finds, something worthy of a apocalypse mobile should be rarer, and the parts harder to acquire IMO.
I think that would be okay but i do like the idea of finding a car and slowly repairing or upgrading to make your own. Prehaps the ability to armour or upgrade cars

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think that would be okay but i do like the idea of finding a car and slowly repairing or upgrading to make your own. Prehaps the ability to armour or upgrade cars
I agree, finding the proper materials and tools to armor a vehicle up is a must.

XanderX

Survival tip #1 don't eat yellow snow
Backer
Like the RV should be hard to find like you have to look off the road in the woods or in a field/campsite?

JB_

Developer
Developer

XanderX

Survival tip #1 don't eat yellow snow
Backer
Not really saying rare just bit more off the beaten track lol