• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car Transporter

Should there be a Car Transporter in the game.

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

DavidTheMeow

I am the God of Dogs
Backer
Hello, I was browsing to see if anyone made a thread about Car Transporters and I was surprised no one did, so I made this thread to show you why I think there should be a Car Transporter.

A good thing about having a car transporter is that you can use it to transport car.(Obviously)

A bad thing about having a car transporter is that it would be really slow.

Imagine you are being chased by bandits and your friend is driving while you are in one of the cars in the back, you drive out of the transporter while it is moving and you shoot the bandits trying to chase you while you are driving. The reason you'd want to drive out of the transporter is so you can get a better shot, and the car you are in is most likely faster.

Please tell me what I could do better about the thread or what I should keep doing, thank you.

Attachments

Davz Not Here

Backer
i can see one of these (no more) stuck on a road
the lucky fool who finds one should find at least one vehicle, and a nice collection of spare parts

David Corliss

Backer
I was thinking something more along the lines of a single car trailer. A big truck like that would take a lot of fuel in order to transport anything but this trailer would make it more fuel efficient. The only downside is you can only transport one car at a time.
33329412-187-PJ-20-10K-TILT-CAR-TRAILER.jpg

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
A trailer/recovery truck... yes. But a transporter? turning circle/getting around wrecks/gas consumption etc etc.... all con's.

Thread starter #5

DavidTheMeow

I am the God of Dogs
Backer
A trailer/recovery truck... yes. But a transporter? turning circle/getting around wrecks/gas consumption etc etc.... all con's.
There has to be a lot of cons to transport a lot cars at the same time, otherwise it is kind of unbalanced.

Davz Not Here

Backer
I was thinking something more along the lines of a single car trailer. A big truck like that would take a lot of fuel in order to transport anything but this trailer would make it more fuel efficient. The only downside is you can only transport one car at a time.
View attachment 1732
trailers of all kind (including for bicycles) have been discussed (and agreed upon if i remember correctly)

now back to the big truck (with sleeper cab for those long zombie nights)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yes trailers have been mentioned and agreed/considered on by devs but trailers is too vague, so I like this idea added.
(big and small vehicle transport trailers)

Using this to transport many vehicles whether they are all yours or you are hunting them down to deliver to survivors, picking vehicles up to be fixed would be great and the latter would certainly increase relations among survivors.

I also imagine that you could weld metal sheets to the sides and base(?) to protect any valuable assets you may have on-board, which then it may give it some more uses... but I don't know if that's going too far.

+1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
This is the apocalypse... and you are running what sounds like a car dealership ;)
You say it like it's the end of the world :)

Besides anytime I come up with an idea of what you can do with something, that doesn't mean it's made to-do that, just more tools for the player to use in anyway they can... plus what else you gonna do with one of these, stack cars and use it as a wall... maybe that's up to the player.

Last edited:

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
Actually, I think just having a truck cab (sans trailer) would be pretty damned awesome.... very little could stop it!

Davz Not Here

Backer
I also imagine that you could weld metal sheets to the sides and base(?) to protect any valuable assets you may have on-board, which then it may give it some more uses... but I don't know if that's going too far.
YES !!!!!
imagine taking all the cars off the back of that thing and being able to fortify it into [essentially] a mobile home

Moderator #12

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I agree with what @Davz Not Here said earlier, one of these would be neat to see as mainly a crashed prop in game. Where you could potentially find some parts from the smashed to heck vehicles that it carried, maybe a good a car or 2, but the hassle and practicality of using one to actually drive around in game doesn't make sense to me too much anyways. These types of trucks/trailers are typically used to haul cars over long distances, not just around a 64sq km (8km X 8km) island.

Davz Not Here

Backer
..... the hassle and practicality of using one to actually drive around in game doesn't make sense to me too much anyways. These types of trucks/trailers are typically used to haul cars over long distances, not just around a 64sq km (8km X 8km) island.
yeah i can see that point
by the time you wind the cab (with trailer) through all 12-15 + gears, you've arrived where you were going.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I agree with what @Davz Not Here said earlier, one of these would be neat to see as mainly a crashed prop in game. Where you could potentially find some parts from the smashed to heck vehicles that it carried, maybe a good a car or 2, but the hassle and practicality of using one to actually drive around in game doesn't make sense to me too much anyways. These types of trucks/trailers are typically used to haul cars over long distances, not just around a 64sq km (8km X 8km) island.
Damn... you dropping a sense bomb on me... well I guess that's true, I never thought about the size of the island.

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
I will likely be playing on a private server with just me and my friends, and this would be useful for getting my car fleet around without badgering them for help, also it would make a great improvised hammer to hurl down roads at 120+ kph