• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Car Windows -Not exactly a car, but part of one

Thread starter #1
So we all know that car windows when not cleaned collect a film on them that needs to be cleaned off otherwise you cannot see out of the window. I am suggesting this because I think it would be a cool factor to add into the game that you have to essentially keep your car windows clean in order for you to see out of them, having the fog on them can be a pain, but can be easily cleaned off.

Vehicles that should collect the fog the fastest:
Closed top vehicles (The RV)
Vehicles with more than one player in them or many
Vehicles with broken AC(AC could be cool to have -No pun intended)

Vehicles that don't collect fog as fast:
Open top vehicles (The jeep)
Vehicles with few players
Vehicles with working AC/Heat

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Interesting idea. While I don't really care for the idea of having to clean them (to me that just seems a little silly to have in a game), I DO like the idea of the windows fogging up (or possibly frosting up when below freezing). This would be an interesting dynamic in the game.

If your vehicle doesn't have heat/ac, the fog lasts longer, or possibly indefinitely until weather conditions improve to allow it to dissipate naturally. If your vehicle has working heat/ac, the fog is cleared away much more quickly.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I actually think having to clean the windows now and then or brush leaves out from under the windshield wipers would be pretty cool - I'm sure many of the cars you'd find lying around wouldn't have sparkling clean windows/windshields.

As long as it doesn't dirty up often enough that it becomes annoying, every now and then would be cool imo.

Working AC could ease mental state - especially on warmer days.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I actually think having to clean the windows now and then or brush leaves out from under the windshield wipers would be pretty cool - I'm sure many of the cars you'd find lying around wouldn't have sparkling clean windows/windshields.

As long as it doesn't dirty up often enough that it becomes annoying, every now and then would be cool imo.

Working AC could ease mental state - especially on warmer days.
Yeah, I suppose when you initially find the vehicle & fix it up, a cleaning wouldn't be too bad. And like you said, as long as I wouldn't have to clean it too often to the point it becomes annoying or takes away from the game, I could get behind it.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like this idea and the post's above, I guess it would also help you determine if the vehicle you have spotted has been there for awhile so its free to take or if it's another survivors... that's if they clean it the messy buggers.

Now I can imagine someone driving the RV with "I wish my wife was this dirty" written with a finger in the dirt across the back :p