• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Cats

Thread starter #1

Sylv the Playful Sylveon

Always watching. Always.
Backer
So I saw this thread: Dogs

And I thought, why not cats too? They could hunt smaller animals out in the wild plus they make little to no sound unless they're hungry and they could provide better sanity than a dog might. Plus they're smaller and could get places the player couldn't. And they wouldn't need as much food as a dog.

Of course since their main method of attack is using claws they wouldn't do as much damage as a dog. Plus they'd meow when they're hungry or scared. And they could be scared of many things like explosions, loud noises (thunder for example), and they would be more awake at night than the day. And if they died it would poorly impact the character's sanity.

I'm not making this thread to say cats are better. I making it to say that this could go well with dogs. Lemme know what you think and put down anything else you think should also be a part of this!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
If dogs why not cats as well... makes sense but only thing I don't like the thought of is people using these things to troll and that goes for dogs too.

Not sure how you would, maybe a limit on the amount of domesticated animals but that is probably a different topic.

Klaasvakie

The forum cat
Backer
I have said this from the START! We (cats) will be excellent companions in the apocalypse and aid in every survival aspect. Plus we are furry and soft and adorable, a perfect combination of cuddly and deadly wrapped up in one giant fuzzball! Nice suggestion I second this! :p

Davz Not Here

Backer
actually ..... seeing as you can trap and catch rats .....

and our house cat at home is ALWAYS bringing us dead animals (up to baby bunny / squirrel size) ...... could add an interesting dynamic to things

Thread starter #5

Sylv the Playful Sylveon

Always watching. Always.
Backer
actually ..... seeing as you can trap and catch rats .....

and our house cat at home is ALWAYS bringing us dead animals (up to baby bunny / squirrel size) ...... could add an interesting dynamic to things
That's exactly my point. They're quieter than dogs and as long as there's a steady supply of stuff to hunt you'll always have food to cook at your doorstep.

Or your bed.

Magalae18

Holy fucking shit, it's a dinosaur!
Backer
Yeah, but don't turn this in a taming simulator *cough..cough..ark..cough..cough..*