• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Chance to build communities.

What do you guys think?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Browny GamingTime

Your fear is dependent on you for its survival
Backer
A nice idea for the game would be to have areas where players can work together to build a community/town together. This could be in an area of a city/town or a mall or just in a few houses close to each other. Similar to the town of Woodbury in Walking Dead.

Would be good if there could be traders in these areas.

This would also work well for clans but may cause clan wars (but thats up to them).

Would add to the idea of trying to get players to work together to survive and could give it a more zombie survival feel to the game with players working together to rebuild society and defend their homes.

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
only problem is, you can only fortify (i bleieve), not actually 'base build'. could be a good idea though, and also a bad one as if these towns are high loot areas, would be unfair on all other players!

Thread starter #3

Browny GamingTime

Backer
only problem is, you can only fortify (i bleieve), not actually 'base build'. could be a good idea though, and also a bad one as if these towns are high loot areas, would be unfair on all other players!
Ye, just suggesting to the developers to add in the ability to base build or they could already be placed in the map with defences. They could have them deserted or with AI in them.

The buildings in these areas could be scripted to not spawn loot and be primarily for communities/groups/clans to use as bases.

In a zombie apocalypse you're going to find friendly people as well as bandits. This would be a good idea for both types of players as the friendlies can build and defend these communities whilst the bandits attack and steal loot from them.

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Ye, just suggesting to the developers to add in the ability to base build or they could already be placed in the map with defences. They could have them deserted or with AI in them.

The buildings in these areas could be scripted to not spawn loot and be primarily for communities/groups/clans to use as bases.

In a zombie apocalypse you're going to find friendly people as well as bandits. This would be a good idea for both types of players as the friendlies can build and defend these communities whilst the bandits attack and steal loot from them.
I think they may be trying to steer clear from base building, and keep this as realistic as a Zombie outbreak is ha

and also a bad one as if these towns are high loot areas, would be unfair on all other players!
Possible solution: Craftable flag/banner of some sort, informing other people that this building/city is in possession of clan/community. When placed it could disable item/zed spawn in certain radius...

CptMugwash

Backer
It's one of the many thing's I like about this game is that they don't have the stupid shack buildings like in Rust and H1Z1. Fortifying an existing building makes much more sense to me, you can still create a large, barricaded area with what's in the game already like the barbed wire stuff and using vehicles like in The Walking Dead Season 1 in the city someone had blocked off an alleyway with a bus.

Do we even know how the spawning of items will work? Do the islands not already spawn with a limited number of items then once all of it's been collected there is no more?

Thread starter #9

Browny GamingTime

Backer
Ye but would need trading putting in, the developers to create good areas on the map to build this, have the ability to build walls to surround the community instead of just fortify buildings and also stop loot spawning and zeds spawning

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
As far as I know there is no information regarding how the loot is distributed and refreshed. There may be some info out there that I've forgotten about.

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
Ye but would need trading putting in, the developers to create good areas on the map to build this, have the ability to build walls to surround the community instead of just fortify buildings and also stop loot spawning and zeds spawning
No a thousand times. I'm sorry, but if this is what you want to play, you should probably just be playing DayZ Epoch. Safe zones were already turned down earlier today, not that anyone thinks that would be a good idea anyway. We also talked about AI traders. Please try to use the search function before posting suggestions as to avoid flooding the forums with duplicate or already discussed ideas.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Why do dedicated zones need to be created for community co-operation? If you want to work with people, find some houses that are nearby and build a perimeter with fencing or whatever is available. Problem solved.
I agree.. Much better than dedicated zones.

@JB_ any leaks on how loot will spawn, loot tables and such?

Thread starter #14

Browny GamingTime

Backer
I agree.. Much better than dedicated zones.

@JB_ any leaks on how loot will spawn, loot tables and such?
Only issue is that you will need to be able to find a group of houses that are surround by fencing or walls. This would have to be created by the game designers. So they could either create these areas or allow players to be able to build defences, not only fortify buildings.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Kinda like what DayZ Epoch is trying to achieve.

BUT! We muct remember that with large community compounds comes the perception of a s**t-ton of loot inside. Which attracts the less noble players looking for quick gains.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFireTen

Backer
What would make somebody within a community kill his own people. I know you would say that looking after each other is a good reason but if the other player had a better loot or something that worth killing for, someone would try to kill.

P.S. I really love this idea, in fact it could be just like The Walking Dead.