1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changelog known bugs...but is it really a bug??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Who's This Pleb, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Who's This Pleb

Who's This Pleb Future Ophthalmologist Backer

Sep 29, 2017
    Hey everybody, I'm sure a lot of us have seen the Changelog update for October 12 and all the hard work the devs are putting in to getting this game ready to go! One thing I noticed in the section titled 'Known Bugs' stood out to me, and I thought it might spark some interesting conversation since the forums aren't crazy active while we're waiting for the game.

This known bug doesn't give much information but something called FortificationDivider is responsible for allowing players to fortify the inside AND outside of a window...and this is considered a bug?
    Like I said, the changelog didn't give any details about it, but is this bug like some sort of game-breaking issue?? If so, that's got to be fixed obviously and ignore what I just said lol. But regardless of the severity, what do you guys think about that?

I don't see why we couldn't reinforce both the inside and outside? I think it would be fun and also practical to maybe just 2x4 up the outside window and have that be more of a permanent defense that allows you to be able to shoot outside in case someone comes over acting all sketchy. Then if SHTF then maybe just nail up a sheet of plywood/more 2x4's and hunker down.

Perhaps that would make defenses TOO good and turn cabins into bunkers, or some huge programming issue that just can't be fixed. Either way let me know what you guys think about that!

Darkstar 影 likes this.
  2. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Yeah it was a bug from way back... I was confused the first time I read it, had to re-read it. The bug was that you where able to board up a window on the outside while standing inside and vice versa.

Don't worry you'll still be able to fortify both sides... just not with magic powers :)