• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Character Age?

Aging?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

DazedGlory

Backer
Speaking of Character Customizaton?
What would the thoughts of being able to play as different age groups when it comes to picking a customization that would also lead to them having different attibutes/perks along with an Aging process?

Children
Teenagers
Young Adult
Adult
Old

Brief Example of how it could work?

Maybe have the Old And Children be more cooperative Depend, having them be lost and in need of a Teen-Adult stage to help them and maybe even have them age and group? kinda like the sims in ways without a "dying of old age" kinda thing just hit a certain growth point?

I know your thinking that oh well thats not fair for children persay because its not realistic for them to fortify but thats the beauty of it and making it cooperative as they may need to be dependant on finding another soul to help them until they age ( again idk if this process is even possible but i feel AGING as well as the bread growth thread) would be extremely interesting i just like the thought as well as you all did (zombie children) why not be able to play as children to give it more a cooperative experience and of course they could be more useful as inventory space and of course they could teach themselve how to get their skills up as they age by watching and doing then just making them harder to be successful at completing a craft?

Aging would be realistic and follow the tier ladder based on what you picked and skills can be learned just as they was anyways off the simple but fun XP system, just harder for them to complete. To me it would be more difficult as a child or old person (as old could be slower but wiser<--? Idk, but also could start with like a diease of some sort like perkinsins or alztimers or idk? you get the point) But each person picks his/her own fate when it comes to picking the age of which you play each revive :p! i wish this could bea thing i'd love to be the adult/teen to watch over that of a child. or old guy or even be a child looking for help!

( dont get me started on a birthing system even thought I KNOW this isnt even reasonable! LOL!)

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I don't see players role-playing as children and parents together. Seems like a lot of work for minimal payoff.

Thread starter #3

DazedGlory

Backer
I don't see players role-playing as children and parents together. Seems like a lot of work for minimal payoff.
they wouldnt need to play with them as they could also choose to survive with a aging system that they could teach themselves to being able to craft but it may not be as successful which would allow crafts to be more fault or unsuccessful on the first try, just adds difficuility but i get what your saying with the parenting thing, just thought aging would be cool as well as playing as different varations "races" as some would call it but instead its just different life stages. oh well just a thought :p

Maj Orange Juice

The Explorer Of The World
Backer
Hmm it seems that people so far dont want this but idk this should be added but the only problem id see is the character dieing on me for being to old or getting weaker or slower it be a bitch.

Good day

Fallen Angel

Backer
As I am a fan of roleplaying in any game with my real life familiy and gaming community I have to admit that aging in a game could be dramatic. Some people want to play longer than two or three weeks till they have to die because of advanced age :)

The idea behind this is good and worked in The Sims for every title but I guess in this game aging could be reduce the fun. The only point I'd see is that children are aging faster than the adults and you can't die on aging.

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
Two things:
1) This would be awesome because absolutely NO OTHER GAME DOES IT (and I've wanted it for a very long time)
2) See above.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I think it's a interesting idea, I agree that I wouldn't want my character to die of old age but I always thought it would be interesting to have playable children/teenager's in survival games. I think I like Fallen Angles addition, it would be nice if they aged to a certain point. I really liked Carl and Clem from Walking Dead as well as 10,000 from Z Nation not to mention being obsessed with apocalypse scenarios since I was a kid so I hope the devs at least check out this idea especially since they have different age groups of zombies.