• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Character Creation and Time

Thread starter #1

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
My suggestion is when creating a character a menu alerts you of what time it is in the game. Example:

I am creating a character and the screen alerts me that the current time in the game is... <Time> and that it is currently Dusk or Night. Which leaves me a tidbit of info that Zombies are active during the night, and which I will be starting in a dangerous environment due this.

And maybe tells me how long I have to wait till Dawnrise/Nightfall.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of knowing what in-game time it is on the servers as to have a good start but I would like this to be a server admin/owner option as-well, some people prefer starting at night for that extra challenge.

If you know the time (and maybe season) you'd be able to figure out what time night/day is going to be :p
+1

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Rather than putting it somewhere during character creation, just put it in the server list somewhere. If not in a dedicated column in the server list then maybe a tooltip reference when you hover over the server name in the list. There could all sorts of info; in-game server time, how many days the server has been live (RL and/or in-game days) (or days since last wipe/reset), server geographical location, ping, connected players/max players, server description, the list could go on and on.