• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Character Individuality

What powers should players have customization wise? (Please choose as many as apply!)

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
So after playing a lot of survival games, I've noticed one thing that everyone calls to be implemented (but never is). Im talking a full player customization menu. Yeah I guess ARK and RoK has it in some sense but I think that in those games the characters you can create are ridiculous! Stupidly proportioned ect. I want to be able to fine tune my face, my hair style and my body type. A way to get round poor proportions would be to include some sort of limit in which body parts could only be a certain size difference (proportionally) to each other. This would allow you to be the midget or the behemoth that you wanted to be but you would look human! I want to remember the face of my enemies without having to look at their names. I want as many distinguishing features as possible!

To further the player individually concept, could we ever see a weapon customization feature? Having the freedom to spray and engrave out weapons as we see fit on a bench. (eg fixing the weapon into the vice and drawing the pattern/painting your design onto an overlay image so you can give your weapons a unique appearance.

http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/clothing-dye-system.4323/#post-49408 Here @Montauk proposed a dyeing system for clothing. This would further player individuality and make the game much more immersive! I don't know what the plans for the HUD are but personally I would like to have minimal to no HUD to increase immersion!

All in all I think an important aspect of the survival genre that is commonly missed is player customization and individuality! Please share your opinions bellow!

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the aspect of player customization, such as what Skyrim has in a sense but more in-depth?

As for weapon Customization, there are a few thread which have suggested this so we don't need to discuss that topic here.

As for a small/simple HUD, I totally agree keep it discreet and make you feel more immersed in the game :D

As for the hud: http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/smartwatch.4912/
I think that this would be the best solution :p

On the other hand, i reallly realllly reallllllllyyy want TRUE customization where we have many many many hairstyle options, facial details, colors in hex formatting, etc... Clothing is something that we should have to find though!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of face and body customization but also I would like the character to change through the course of his/her life-time obviously I would not want everything to have an effect but the things that have the most visible change in-life...

Things like visually gaining and losing weight (change posture and or walk), visual signs of stress (mainly on the face), visual scars, fractures that never fully heal change your posture and or walk, visible dirt and or blood (can be washed off), hair growth... that kind of stuff :)