• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Chemical Warfare

Thread starter #1

TheFISHNinja

Backer
Basically I think that if we have grenades or something along those lines that emit a gas like Chlorine gas where it can damage your character over time or possibly even kill you if you don't do anything about it. I can only really think of the basic idea right now but if anyone has anything to add to this idea, feel free to reply :D

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
I like this idea. There are plenty of nasty concoctions you can create with ordinary household chemicals and chlorine is usually stocked on most supermarket shelves.

Mixing chemicals could be another element of the crafting system but with a slight risk of injury from contact with the chemical or explosion.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I like it, this could be used for all sorts of things like improvised grenades or traps. I think it should tie into the skill system somehow. If you're inexperienced with making these types of things then the more challenging combinations run a higher risk of failing/going off while you're making them. As you do more and get your skill up this chance decreases.

Cookie

Officially Unofficial.
Backer
I like it, this could be used for all sorts of things like improvised grenades or traps. I think it should tie into the skill system somehow. If you're inexperienced with making these types of things then the more challenging combinations run a higher risk of failing/going off while you're making them. As you do more and get your skill up this chance decreases.
However this seems more of a aggressive to this type of thing. How about unlocking more recipes, or maybe even a small passive perk? I feel this is a better way to handle it, as letting players who've spent more time on the game would have the upper hand on this. Plus, how are you going to level up by creating chemical weapons if they're just blow up on you? :p

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like all what I read here, just to add that if a failure happens during the creation will the damage done to your body be permanent?

For me I hope the answer would be yes, there needs to be a high risk vs high reward for the ability to successfully create these and the person that can do so should be an asset that everyone wants within a group. Just the same as a really good doc, weapon-smith etc would be...

But I also think that no matter how many times you successfully make one or how much you know about the crafting, this type of experimenting/crafting should always be very dangerous.

So if you maim yourself in some way, whether it be burn your hands or maybe cause some level of blindness... your stuck with the outcome bad/good.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
However this seems more of a aggressive to this type of thing. How about unlocking more recipes, or maybe even a small passive perk? I feel this is a better way to handle it, as letting players who've spent more time on the game would have the upper hand on this. Plus, how are you going to level up by creating chemical weapons if they're just blow up on you? :p
Easily, by starting off with the easier to make / less volatile combinations. You gain valuable experience and are more confident to move on to a slightly more difficult combination, and so on. Besides, who's to say you can't wear some kind of protective gear while crafting such substances (face shield, gas mask, thick clothing, etc.)?

Sure some people could be ahead of the curb, but the same could be said with the unlocking (or even "finding") recipes method.