• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Chlorine Fog Trap

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Chlorine Fog Trap

part's:
1x Metal Drum/Barrel
3x Blower Fan's
36x Screw's
3x Small heating elements
1x Small Bundle of Electrical Wire
3x Car Batteries
1x Electrical Switch(or kitchen timer/remote switch for an upgrade)
4x Containers of Commercial Liquid Chlorine
12x L Bracket's
2x Roll's of Duct Tape

Tool's:
Hammer
Screwdriver or Drill
Blowtorch

A larger more advanced trap then the Chlorine Mist Trap capable of holding more Chlorine and projecting it in a wider area. The trap consists of a large metal drum, three small blower fans, thirty six screws, three small heating elements, electrical wire, three car batteries, a, electrical switch, a large amount of commercial liquid chlorine, twelve L brackets, two rolls of duct tape and hammer, a blow torch and screwdriver or drill are required as tools. First three small holes are cut near bottom of the metal drum, one on each side of the barrel leaving the rear open. Then three squares are cut a couple inches below the lid and are spaced apart similarly to the bottom holes. The lid of the barrel is then taken off, the heating elements are then fed through the holes from the inside and secured to the outside with duct tape so that they are all facing inwards. The small blower fans are then fed through the squares from the inside so that the mouth of the fan is facing outwards, the sides of the mouth are then gently hammered to conform with the shape of the barrel and screwed into place.

Each fan and heating element are then spliced together connecting each fan with the heating element below it. Two L Brackets are then screwed on the outside of the drum between the each fan and heating element, The two brackets between each fan and heating element are used as supports to hold the car batteries used to power the device. After the Brackets are screwed into place a car battery is placed onto each pair of brackets and duct tape is then wrapped around the barrel and each individual car battery until secure. The batteries are then spliced to their respective fans and heating elements and then tied together in a circuit, a electrical switch is spliced into the circuit to control the trap. The lid is then secured back on and the trap is then partially filled with liquid chlorine allowing it to be activated.

This is basically a larger more durable version of the Chlorine Mist trap and if it was a set and run trap this a sprint like your life depended on it after setting it trap. The fans are typically used to disperse a large amount of air for heating homes, they are usually placed directly on top of heaters or radiators. With the spacing in the front, right and left sides of the barrel the gas is spread over a greater area. Like the mist trap this is good for breaking sieges and especially good as a area of denial trap. Another use for this trap is a big FU trap, if you end up being run off of you base before you leave place this in closed off area and hopefully they will run right into it. Another way to make it more dangerous is by upgrading it with a simple kitchen timer, so it might look in active and it would give you ample time to get away from it's area of effect. Another upgrade would be to attach a device to remote activate the trap so that you can use it at the most effective time.

I haven't finished the pic for the Chlorine Mist Trap so I haven't started on a pic for this one but I think you should be able to picture it fairly well since the metal drum takes up most of the frame.

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Thread starter #3

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I thought that chlorine tablets were made of diluted chlorine, I have used them to clean for pools but I always thought that it was weaker then liqued chlorine. If it's the same concentration then the same setup could apply just with chlorine tablets and water, the heating elements would heat the water disolving the chlorine tablets and creating the gas.

As for the bucket idea check out my smallest version of the trap the Chlorine Snap Trap., as someone who uses it a lot I could use some feed back from you. http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/chlorine-snap-trap.2969/

Here is a miniture version of the fog trap.
http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/chlorine-mist-trap.2982/

Edit:(Added the word clean because I am a spaz.)

Last edited:
Moderator #4

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Not too sure on the strength of the tablets compared to the liquid, I use it because I recently got a job :p I now clean medical equipment and was told not to use hot water at all due to the gases it releases.

I'll have a look at the snap trap for you though.

P.s Good idea :D

Thread starter #5

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Well either way if your are advised by medical staff then they must be strong enough, they would also be more common then liquid chlorine. Like I said I used them in a pool and they came in fairly large containers. Thinking about it as well it would be a easier way to control the reaction in the Mist and Fog trap.

Just did some more research, tablets actually have a higher concentration and they don't degrade as fast as liquid chlorine so good idea I will def change all three of my traps to accomodate tablets, which wont be hard for the mist and fog trap.

Last edited: