• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Chlorine Mist Trap

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Chlorine Mist Trap

Part's:
1x Large plastic water container
1x Small Fan
10x Chlorine Tablet's
1x Gallon of Water
1x Roll of Duct Tape
1x Roll of Electrical Tape
1x PVC Pipe
6x Large Wooden Boards
12x Bracket's
48x Screw's
1x 12v Battery
1x Electrical Switch(or Kitchen Timer)

A advanced chemical trap made of a heating element, a small fan, a large plastic container, commercial chlorine tablet's, a gallon of water, one roll of duct tape, one roll of electrical tape, electrical wire, six wood boards, a pvc pipe, twelve brackets, forty eight screws, a 12v battery and one electrical switch or a kitchen timer. A large plastic water container is first modified by having a small hole cut into it's frame and a pvc pipe is then inserted into the hole and secured with duct tape. A small novelty fan is taken apart and snugly placed into the mouth of the pvc pipe, the wiring is left until later. Another hole is then cut on the other side of the first, a small heating element is then fixed into the hole with duct tape. The wiring for the small fan and heating element are spliced together and taped to the outside of the container with electrical tape. A 12v battery is then taped to the container with duct tape and secured with additional electrical wiring to the heating element and fan, a electrical switch or timer are wired to both items to control the trap. For protection a wood box is constructed around the container using six wood boards secured together by twelve brackets and forty eight screws. Holes are cut beforehand in two boards allowing access to the switch and to allow the pipe to protrude and allow the cap for the container to be unscrewed and the container to be filled with water.

The basic princple is a DIY fog machine but without something to cool the air since Chlorine gas is heavy enough by itself. Once turned on the heating element will slowly heat the combonation of chlorine tablet's and water turning it into a gas, upon activation the small fan will begin to turn drawing out the chlorine gas and ejecting it outwards. This trap is best used in high locations overlooking potentially dangerous areas, such as the roof of a structure or a second story window. This is a good anti siege trap and would be great for detering any player attempting to dismatle your ground defenses. After the all the stored liquid chlorine has evaporated the trap will become useless and will need to be refilled. This trap can be very dangerious for the owner once activated so this is a activate and run away trap.

I am working on a drawing but I wanted to post this first, after the pic is done I will post it here.

Last edited:
Thread starter #4

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
@Biz Thanks the same applies to me lol, this would be a really dangerious base defense for both the attacker and defender and would make gas masks very valueable.

@beltofruss Thank you very much I take being called a madman as high praise lol, I also have an idea for a larger version that I have yet to write but I will get to it since I have gotten some hit's. I also have started on the pic for this trap like I made for the simplier Chlorine Snap Trap but I haven't worked on it lately but I should have it up soon.

Just found this pic as well

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
This would be fast, effective and a clean way of killing intruders... I like it.

Just make sure your packing a Gas Mask when out and about if this gets added.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
lol im not saying its a bad idea just sometimes simplicity is key when your trying to poison someone
Indeed, but something simple as a canister/small tanker full of that stuff could kill a person in a small area, even outdoors if you had enough of this stuff, just depends on the area you would like to cover and how your going to disperse it...

But simplicity is best, more parts more chance of something going wrong.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
This sounds cool, but a bit too overpowered. If it were nerfed a lot, then I think it could be added, but until then, I don't think so..
Stuff like this should be OP in a way...just make it really dangerous to work with, more chance of you killing yourself due to a leak or something hehe