• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Church

How does a Church sound?

• Yes, I'd Like to see them in the world.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No thanks, there's no real need.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, doesn't matter to me, I could go either way.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Ryouseiken

Youtuber
Backer
Now I can't really say too much about churches themselves because I don't go to them personally, but think about it. How fun would it be to find yourself on the run from the zombies and you come across an abandoned church? What was once a place for prayer and seeking forgiveness, is now just another building to be fortified and hide within in hopes to avoid the quote unquote satanic creatures wandering outside. There'd be that underlying discomfort perhaps for the player knowing that they're hiding out and wielding weapons in a holy place, but really in the zombie apocalypse all bets and beliefs are out the window.

The main room where those sit down to pray and listen to the preacher would be the primary room that you use to stay in. It's big, plenty of light seeping in from all sides, and has enough room for a dozen plus individuals to stay. It'd be one of the bigger safe zones in the world. There'd probably be a bunch of backrooms as well with supplies, maybe not ammunition or anything, but there could be some food and little loose ends to utilize in crafting.

Just a thought. Sorry if I can't really display my thoughts about this suggestion as well as I'd like. 1 in the morning, been sick for four days, I'm just rolling with what comes to mind before I feel under the weather again. xD

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I like it, maybe is the church was borded up so you can see people have also tried to hold of the undead force but failed, maybe blood over the floors and walls?

Tall Ho!

Moderator #4

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer

xpghax

I Eat Zombies
Backer
Personally I prefer the second one chap!

Tally Ho!
agreed,looks more run down/overrun and hastily boarded up,would be cool to have to clear the building out of debris etc before making it habitable,thus encouraging ppl to work together to clear large buildings.

Moderator #6

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
agreed,looks more run down/overrun and hastily boarded up,would be cool to have to clear the building out of debris etc before making it habitable,thus encouraging ppl to work together to clear large buildings.
When clearing the building the stuff you collect can be used to craft fortifications .ect. But yes, if it encourages teamwork that's a plus!

Tally Ho!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I kinda see what your getting at and im not sure if people have suggested it or not i think this was another its been so popular in zombie games its always a given that a church was going to be in game but id say sure but has to have a bell tower you can get back online so you can ring it say you get attacked or just offering new players help ring it so they know your there or to attract more zeds for your bandits trying to kill you

Moderator #9

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I'd just like the see them in game because they are in about every city or town anywhere you go, so it just makes sense to have a few scattered around in the game.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I mean I understand why the developers don't want to implement them (IF they don't I have no idea) there will probably be a crapton of discussion about it.

I kinda see what your getting at and im not sure if people have suggested it or not i think this was another its been so popular in zombie games its always a given that a church was going to be in game but id say sure but has to have a bell tower you can get back online so you can ring it say you get attacked or just offering new players help ring it so they know your there or to attract more zeds for your bandits trying to kill you
A church with a bell tower sounds like a great idea :D

G=Lock

Backer
A church with a bell tower sounds like a great idea :D
^ This +1 /w a ring-able bell that could be heard from quite a distance, to signal friendlies and attract the hordes.

Go to the church, avoid the church, help/trade with the signaler, kill the signaler, set traps/distractions to kill others as the signaler
great for creating all types of situations.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I like that idea but i think there would be one main large church and a few medium and more smaller ones? well thats just what i think

Moderator #14

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
I like that idea but i think there would be one main large church and a few medium and more smaller ones? well thats just what i think
How about no main church? Since the map is going to be Islands each island can have a church or two?

Tally Ho!

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
How about no main church? Since the map is going to be Islands each island can have a church or two?

Tally Ho!
i Like that idea! i was thinking thta one main church would be a bad idea, it'll be location people will fight for

Moderator #16

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
i Like that idea! i was thinking thta one main church would be a bad idea, it'll be location people will fight for
Well, that is what I'm kind of hoping to deter, not that I'll need to go to church.

Golly! Better dash!

Tally Ho!

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I'd like to see a church. Variety for buildings is a must in my book so I voted yes :)

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I'd like to see a church. Variety for buildings is a must in my book so I voted yes :)
who knows maybe there will be a family compound :p

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
It would be a fantastic gathering place for post apocalyptic religious nuts, believing in a new Messiah. Or devil worship.

I could defo see a clan of nut jobs taking over and barricading an old church :)

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
It would be a fantastic gathering place for post apocalyptic religious nuts, believing in a new Messiah. Or devil worship.

I could defo see a clan of nut jobs taking over and barricading an old church :)
i just realized maybe you could have Ai occupying the place! you kow "religious nuts" and they'll try to kill you because they've gone mad!
and who knows maybe even a PRIEST BOSS XD okay that last bit was too far but you get my idea :p