• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Clips Vs Magazines

Thread starter Banned #1

Robbhimself

Backer
This is one thing that really irks me. Noticed it in the early crafting menus and and some of the patch notes.

A clip is not a magazine. Yes, some rifles can use a "clip" but clip and magazine are not interchangeable terms.

Also some of the empty guns that aren't double action, acting as such when empty. Example: the pistol modeled after the 1911. I noticed in one of the stress test videos dude was pulling the trigger when it was empty and the hammer clicks. This is not how a 1911 operates. You must pull the slide back to cock the hammer and engage the trigger.

I really hope this is looked over more closely as the game gets further along.

Don't get me wrong i'm extremely excited for this game after every other survival game failing to live up to it's promises. Just throwing in my .002.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Not sure if the pistol in the test was a replica of a 1911, I may be wrong.

Maybe those of you with firearms could send videos of how to load, chamber, clean etc; too them for visual research and ideas... could have more than one animation for loading... calm v panicked etc...

Besides that I'm sure the inner mechanics and workings of firearms will be scrutinized... quite a few people here with enough knowledge to make sure of that.

Thread starter Banned #3

Robbhimself

Backer
Not sure if the pistol in the test was a replica of a 1911, I may be wrong.

Maybe those of you with firearms could send videos of how to load, chamber, clean etc; too them for visual research and ideas... could have more than one animation for loading... calm v panicked etc...

Besides that I'm sure the inner mechanics and workings of firearms will be scrutinized... quite a few people here with enough knowledge to make sure of that.
yeah i id like to assume it will be looked over before finalized, just trying to bring attention to it. slight immersion killer for me

Davz Not Here

Backer
hmmmm

i'm usually the biggest prick when it comes to 'absolute' realism .....

i know a bit about guns and this point doesn't phase me much when it comes to realism. but that's just me.

Ulrick

Backer
I totally agree, it is also one of my pet peeves as well. For everyone who doesn't know what we're talking about:

This is a clip:
clip.jpg
This is a magazine or mag for short:
mag.jpg
They are two DIFFERENT things!!!

A clip is used to quickly re-load a mag, a mag is used to hold and quickly feed ammunition into the chamber or action so you don't have to insert every round by hand. Please note that I didn't say it holds bullets because the bullet is just the part that gets fired out of the barrel. The whole thing: casing, primer, gunpowder, and bullet is call a cartridge.

To the devs: PLEASE continue with making this game truly realistic and don't base stuff off of what you see and hear in movies.

Thread starter Banned #6

Robbhimself

Backer
bumping this thread because you know they didnt fix it.

im going to lose my shit if 3 years later the "1911" is still double action and i can shove a cleaning rod down my loaded AR

Moderator #7

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I'd like to see everything as real as possible as well...

My personal thoughts, having been helping with tests and such, is that I'd rather see something as specific as dropping the magazine, cycling the round out of the receiver, and then cleaning the AR come later down the line in development than say, multiple types of fortifications, character customization, awesome Zombie AI, etc. A finishing touch rather than something with a bunch of time dedicated to making specific cleaning animation per weapon.

Handicap Jack

Up for a laugh and down for giggle.
Backer
I too would want to see weaponry represented accurately in game to their real world counterparts but as DemoCar has said; this is something that can and, as far as my conversations with JB and co, will be polished into the game as we get closer to a finished game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
i can shove a cleaning rod down my loaded AR
Language language... oh you gun talking :p

Even so, if it still does I'm sure each aspect and mechanic will have time spent on it for improvements and such once the foundations for each thing are in.