• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Clothes for Protection Against Harsh Climates

Thread starter #1

Brycerobins

Backer
Middle of the winter and you're trying to find food, you need to stay warm or you'll get hypothermia, but you'll starve soon and you need to keep up the Calories. What do you do? Wear insulated clothing! Skin a bear and sew the hide into a jacket to help keep you a live in the frigid cold. I think wearing specific clothing for different climates could make things very realistic, if it's already being planned on then yay for me because I'm obviously not keeping up on the constant updates... but as far as I've heard there aren't any ways of keeping yourself warm without using a fire. I guess a craft list could be something like this.

Materials:
*Large Game Animal Hide (No human skin that's just messed up)
*Thread (tendons from the dead animal could work)
*Needle or Modified Nail

Tools:
a Flat Surface

Again sorry if this has been done, I didn't see one specifically address clothing that can protect you from the environment...

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Well that opens the can of worms of what is the climate even going to be like. Such as frequency of cold/hot/windy/calm/rainy ect ect.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
A question to ask is how long will seasons last? Along with how abrupt will the climate change be. Be funny to see snow everywhere and it being cold, then all of a sudden it all disappears and it's blazing hot.

Thread starter #5

Brycerobins

Backer
In one of the concept videos (I think number 2) it talks about a stormy night so I believe there will be at least a basic weather system... Hopefully a seasons system too.

Scypheroth

Backer
im not saying this is a bad idea or whatever but...all i have to say is...dayz standalone....i HATED the inventory clothing system in that game....personally i think they shoudnt worry about that yet and focus on the main primary features of the game...like dayz mod did...not had things that art necessary....like how dayz standalone did.

that always pissed me off...dayz mod was a great well developed mod...all rocket had to do was port that over and refine the hell outta it...not add some stupid clothign system that took up 90% of the development making and not devoting time to other necessary things.

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
im not saying this is a bad idea or whatever but...all i have to say is...dayz standalone....i HATED the inventory clothing system in that game....personally i think they shoudnt worry about that yet and focus on the main primary features of the game...like dayz mod did...not had things that art necessary....like how dayz standalone did.

that always pissed me off...dayz mod was a great well developed mod...all rocket had to do was port that over and refine the hell outta it...not add some stupid clothign system that took up 90% of the development making and not devoting time to other necessary things.
I actually like the clothing system.