• Hello Guest,

We are super excited to announce that we will be launching our public alpha release v1.0 on Thursday, November 21st at 10AM PST/1PM EST/6PM GMT. See you there!

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Clothing Effects Temperature and speed

Thread starter #1

Daniel Riley

professional Tea Drinker
Backer
I think that clothing should have an effect in your player's temperature such as if you wear a vest on a cold day you could catch some cold related illness, alternatively if you wear a big coat on a warm day you could get heat stroke and be hurt by that unless you find water or shade to cool off. Furthermore clothing could affect your movement speed meaning the more layers you wear the slower you move, adding some tactical feel to what clothes you wear.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
Either way i think its a cool idea.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I think that clothing should have an effect in your player's temperature such as if you wear a vest on a cold day you could catch some cold related illness, alternatively if you wear a big coat on a warm day you could get heat stroke and be hurt by that unless you find water or shade to cool off. Furthermore clothing could affect your movement speed meaning the more layers you wear the slower you move, adding some tactical feel to what clothes you wear.
I like the thought of the clothing you wear affects movement, especially the layers part. Say you haven't found a nice winter coat yet, you're forced to load up on long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, etc to keep warm. As a result your movement speed (and possibly search speed) is hindered.

An issue I foresee with this is, most games like this use the "slot" system for equipping gear worn gear, and typically it's only one slot per area (head, torso, hands, etc...). Having multiple slots for one area would take up valuable user interface space depending on how it's done. If the devs were to somehow make it possible to wear multiple articles of clothing for the same portion of the body, it would likely need to be limited as well.

I have played a few games that have had multiple torso slots, one for things like shirts, another for vests and similar items, and the primary slot for armor. However, it was purely aesthetics, only the primary slot gave any stats/effects.

Last edited:
Thread starter #10

Daniel Riley

professional Tea Drinker
Backer
I like the thought of the clothing you wear affects movement, especially the layers part. Say you haven't found a nice winter coat yet, you're forced to load up on long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, etc to keep warm. As a result your movement speed (and possibly search speed) is hindered.

An issue I foresee with this is, most games like this use the "slot" system for equipping gear worn gear, and typically it's only one slot per area (head, torso, hands, etc...). Having multiple slots for one area would take up valuable user interface space depending on how it's done. If the devs were to somehow make it possible to wear multiple articles of clothing for the same portion of the body, it would likely need to be limited as well.

I have played a few games that have had multiple torso slots, one for thinks like shirts, another for vests and similar items, and the primary slot for armor. However, it was purely aesthetics, only the primary slot gave any stats/effects.
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that drawback with the UI but anyway