• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Clothing Visual Durability Indicators

Thread starter #1

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
This stems from my "Character Visual HP Indicators" suggestion. Basically the same concept but for clothing durability.

As your clothing's durability drops it begins to look worn. Holes, tears, rips, etc. will begin to show. As the clothing durability drops more and more they look more and more ripped up.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Okay with this one, i think it would be hard to implement it without the use of telling your how worn it is. Yes i think they should visually degrade but unless the first person perspective allows you to see your shirt it should be accompanied by a written condition where you can just read what condition it's in.

Thread starter #3

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I don't think you'd really be able to see it from a 1st person perspective. It's more of seeing it on other characters.

*Taken from my reply in the weapons thread* I'm just guessing here, but I'd imagine the Devs will make it so when you click on your clothing in the inventory the durability will show up in the area with the item descriptions and what not (left page).

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
Maybe it could be a visual colouration thing with worn clothes having a darker (dirtier) colour in 3 stages with stage 3 being harder to repair until the clothing eventually falls off the character and is lost.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
We haven't heard anything about if armor will even be in the game yet from what I know, but it would likely degrade after taking hits if it were