• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Clutter and Scraps

Thread starter #1
This thread is about what clutter could be lying around in the world of Survive the Nights:
Cans (Could be used to make a makeshift silencer)
Boxes
Barrels
Crates
Containers
Bottles
Pots
Jars
Pens
Pencils
Paper
Pre-War Cash (Something from Fallout 3)
Electronic Scraps
Scrap Metal
Empty Glasses

Al the good stuff liek dat.

circularmirror7

ZombieSitter
Backer
I'm pretty sure that most of that and even more is going to be added. Well the useful stuff that could be used to make traps, weapons, barricades. Stuff like cash would be pretty much useless in a game like this. Even if there was a player driven market on a server people would trade gas for weapons or food for medical supplies. Some great ideas thought :)

TheClassiness

I'd assume most of this would be on the loot table. As for the barrels, it'd be cool to stop by a gas station and fill the barrels up full of gas and leave. That way, stockpiling resources would be easier. Most would have holes, of course.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Cans would make a terrible silencer, unless you wrap it extensively in cotton or linen wrap to muffle the sound that would be amplified by the aluminum and space in the can.

Even though you are onto an idea, a plastic bottle stuffed with silencing materials would be better.

Still, good thoughts!

Now I thought I had seen this thread somewhere else but when I searched using several words nothing came up.

In oblivion , skyrim, fallout etc you could fill your pockets with usefull trash, so why not make it so you might have to empty out some brimfilled trashcans to get down to all the goodies, that be a battery or a lightbulb, because you might get use for it later and if you were infected and had no hope for survival you could fill your pockets with useless trash just for someone that finds your body to wonder, why the was he carrying all that junk ?

Seems like an interesting idea. In the world, currently and in a SHTF situation, I see almost anything useful though. I would say that someone could carry a lot of noob items. Like, let's say you had a large candy wrapper.. To some people it may be useful, but if it wasn't damaged and it wasn't too nasty, someone could use it to store a bit of food. Get some saran wrap and a rubber band, got yourself a sack for food. Or let's say you find copper scrap, you could make an electrical system. Or even a plastic bottle can be reused, if not it can be turned in to something useful. Even some of the trash items in Fallout could be useful at some point. Maybe small items with little purpose should be added, it would be nice a nice detail, not sure what could really be considered useless in this type of situation.