• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Coffee

Thread starter #1

Keith

Backer
Some items I would suggest and their benefits:
  • Coffee Beans - Allow you to boil over a fire or stove to make coffee
  • Sugar, Milk, etc. to add to the coffee once boiled to give you extra energy or the like when you drink it.

Oshawott

Pokemon
Backer
The best part of waking up is folders filtered with guts

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
How about something to drink your coffee from? We're not all like @JB_ and drinking it straight from the pot, being able to craft a coffee mug might be nice

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
Some items I would suggest and their benefits:
  • Coffee Beans - Allow you to boil over a fire or stove to make coffee
  • Sugar, Milk, etc. to add to the coffee once boiled to give you extra energy or the like when you drink it.

Lets say by default coffee would give you a boost of energy (stamina) for a certain amount of time.

As I don't know the stamina system I will go on some generic terms.

Standard Coffee: +10 stamina for 10 Minutes
+ Sugar = +15 Stamina for 10 Minutes
+ Milk = +10 Stamina for 15 Minutes
+ Sugar and Milk = +15 Stamina for 15 Minutes

This the sort of thing you were thinking?

Maybe of you drink it warm it has these buffs but if you allow it to cool it loose effectiveness, or decreases another stat like comfort

Davz Not Here

Backer
Yeah like a -5 energy for a further 5 minutes, Maybe something you can add to mitigate the effect or reduce its duration?
yeah .... or some variant of depending on how the health and energy sys. plays out

Montecristo

Backer
Yeah like a -5 energy for a further 5 minutes, Maybe something you can add to mitigate the effect or reduce its duration?
Or you could even possibly make it worse. Say you don't want to have the - 5 debuff. You drink some more. This could result in having the positive debuff but then maybe its -10 stamina or a longer duration and after an extended period of time you are basically hooked hard core on caffeine. So you either need to try to keep drinking coffee, the listed above, maybe have some decaff in the game that will slowly lower down the - # debuff or have something like caffeine pills that will reduce it as well.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
Or you could even possibly make it worse. Say you don't want to have the - 5 debuff. You drink some more. This could result in having the positive debuff but then maybe its -10 stamina or a longer duration and after an extended period of time you are basically hooked hard core on caffeine. So you either need to try to keep drinking coffee, the listed above, maybe have some decaff in the game that will slowly lower down the - # debuff or have something like caffeine pills that will reduce it as well.

Caffeine pills would have the same effects as coffee, and would stack up the de-buff. However they would not require time to brew and would be storable in a pocket or backpack without a flask

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
ahaha if your going for a complex survival game, you gotta be complex :p

Montecristo

Backer
Yeah I'm 100% fine having to look/worry about different stats other than just "food and water". It gives you something else to strive for and to plan for in the long run.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
Personally I would like to have a menu in which I can see a variety of stats. Stamina, Energy, Oxygen, exertion, hydration, stomach capacity and more :p