• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Combination Safe

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Thinking about some good ideas for safe loot storage and thought... wait a minute, what about a SAFE!

So it's self explanatory but I'll add some ideas to it... like location based safes i.e something in a shop floor or wall, see (pic.a). And ofc a bank safe (talked about in a Bank thread thou so we got that covered :D) and a smaller gun/"non-commercial" safe, see (pic.b).
pic.a
https://gyazo.com/ecc6b11e16fb593431985b0342321955
pic.b
https://gyazo.com/e30e70cf68125d6c5ed9f4b80fb3b894

With the smaller ones it could be a placement item, kinda like the genny. Thoughts are they're obviously more durable than most other options to store loot, it'd be a must have thing to keep the most valuable items safe.

Thoughts on how you could obtain a key/combination... could be a zombie loot drop or loot somewhere to-be found near-by?

JB_

Developer
Developer
I like the combo idea for sure. Although how does it detect a player being around? That's the same issue we had with keyed locks, what if a player joins locks a door and never comes back to server.

Thread starter #3

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yeah... didn't think of that.

Leave it with me, try and think of something that could work and if not... well least it sounded good hehe

Can't think of much that doesn't force things, like having a cap on the amount and after death it removes the code/key (or yours don't work) and a new one would respawn within the area of the safe.

Because there would be a certain amount (specified by the owner/admin) it could require logging on periodically to stop losing the key/code (fancy way of me saying the stuff respawns somewhere :D) to stop hording. So if you planned on having them you'd need to play too keep'em.

That's all I can think of atm but unless other things worked similar like locked doors, vehicle keys etc... it might be more hassle than it's worth.

Last edited:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Timed locks is one idea like in bank vaults. A manual override would allow safe owners to interrupt the countdown. It also allows cheesy music video memes.