• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Coming in version Alpha 1.0

Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hey guys, we've been making a ton of progress with the game and wanted to do a quick update. I've posted the new additions to the changelog below. Things are going really well and progress has really picked up, check it out! :) Thanks for the support!

We've also added an official Q&A Thread, if you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll answer ASAP! :)

How to get emails when we do an update

Added:
  • Accessibility to whole game world. 64sq km island, some smaller islands planned. In total 50+ sq km more playable area than in Stress test builds.
  • Optimizations to loading and de-loading of world items meaning lower RAM usage and improved performance.
  • Overhaul of world loading and de-loading for greater performance.
  • Alteration to distance drawing methods allowing for near infinite viewing distance while increasing performance over stress test builds.
  • Implementation of extra admin commands for server owners.
  • Passive AI logic implemented (currently chickens only which will be expanded on in coming builds).
  • Aggressive AI logic implemented with dynamic zombies which change behavior based on lights and sounds. Slower "dumber" zeds, lurking in houses during the day and aggressive prowling zombies during the night.
  • Vision system for AI which give them only basic vision in front of their eyes rather than a simple "trigger" radius solution.
  • Player sound trigger radius for alerting AI based on the noise you're currently making which allows you to sneak up and around zombies and ai. Shooting will also multiply sound and increase the range in which AI can be alerted by your presence meaning that being tactifully quiet is essential.
  • Dynamic route setup for ai so that they're not solely limited to preset routes meaning zombies will climb through windows and over fences.
  • New sub ID system for item pickups which makes item management easier of a server admins.
  • Our own LOD (Level Of Detail) logic which works better for our needs allowing for greater performance and tailored behavior.
  • Custom LOD (Level Of Detail) logic for AI which allows skinned mesh renderers (AI visualization) to have different amounts of detail based on distance, meaning we can have more AI.
  • Voice chat (VOIP) added. Currently proximity only but 80% of logic is done and will be in for next build for fully functioning ranged radios.
  • More structures added and several variants of each.
  • 50+ new props/items added.
  • Bum forts added with inter-actable items (sleeping bags, containers).
  • Several large structures added - Fire station, Police station, School and large Power station.
Fixes:
  • Optimized network logic for other player visualizations meaning less network traffic.
  • Optimized network logic for other AI visualizations meaning less network traffic for out of range AI while keep persistence between connections.
  • Hardened persistence logic for item containers.
  • Fixes to roads so that they clip less with the terrain in the distance.
  • Improvements to roads to remove unrealistic hills and turns.
In process for Alpha 1.0:
  • Finish up logic for radios.
  • Lots of lose ends to tie together.
  • Free placement system to compliment the fixed placement setup (like locks).
  • Free placed traps.
  • Fixed traps.
  • Weapon upgrading.
  • More craftables.
  • More consumables.
  • Electrics (Probably one of the most important systems still needing implementation since it will tie a lot of features together)
  • Vehicles (We've already toyed around with implementation but still work to be done)
Known bugs:
  • Able to put up planks on the inside of a window because of FortificationDivider.
  • Other players weapons state isn't buffered and therefore means that you won't always see the item they have equipped.
  • Issue where small GUI window doesn't show in the correct position.
  • Some people are experiencing issues with the in game web browser. Please search for and submit bugs and try to be as specific as possible. Some changes have already been made which should help some people.
  • Movement is high priority. Although it's been vastly improved from Stress Test V1.0.x we'll need to revisit this when character customization is implemented.

c0nnex

Backer
Grets news! Quite some improvements!

How about my reported bug from Stresstest #2, that STN grabs all Joysticks/inputs and uses them as controller? Resulting in the character not being able to stop moving? ( Use all controllers-setting in unity). (Sorry cannot link the issue, access denied now)
I think I am not the only one having more than one Gamecontroller attached to the system, and having to unplug all controllers when playing STN is not an option ;)

Davz Not Here

Backer
mmmmmmm alpha

Thread starter Admin #7

JB_

Developer
Developer
Grets news! Quite some improvements!

How about my reported bug from Stresstest #2, that STN grabs all Joysticks/inputs and uses them as controller? Resulting in the character not being able to stop moving? ( Use all controllers-setting in unity). (Sorry cannot link the issue, access denied now)
I think I am not the only one having more than one Gamecontroller attached to the system, and having to unplug all controllers when playing STN is not an option ;)
We're trying to reproduce this, we'll get it sorted :)

c0nnex

Backer
We're trying to reproduce this, we'll get it sorted :)
Thanks.
On my system it's the e.g. Saitek Yoke causing that, because it has Quadrants attached which represent X-Axis , Y-Axis and Z-Axis ( Rx,Rz if fully connected) but are sliders actually.
Now to stop the char moving, i'll have to find a position of the levers and the yoke where STN will interpret it as "0" or unplug all my flight equipment.
Same applies e.g to the Saitek Rudder Pedals.

If you are able to "ignore" by device then ignore
VendorId 0x06A3 ProductIds 0xA2AE,0x0BD4,0x0B4D,0x0BD3,0x0BAC,0x0C2D,0x0D05,0x0B4E,0x0D06,0x0D67,0x0763
(those are all Saitek Flight Equipment)

Thread starter Admin #12

JB_

Developer
Developer
Thanks.
On my system it's the e.g. Saitek Yoke causing that, because it has Quadrants attached which represent X-Axis , Y-Axis and Z-Axis ( Rx,Rz if fully connected) but are sliders actually.
Now to stop the char moving, i'll have to find a position of the levers and the yoke where STN will interpret it as "0" or unplug all my flight equipment.
Same applies e.g to the Saitek Rudder Pedals.

If you are able to "ignore" by device then ignore
VendorId 0x06A3 ProductIds 0xA2AE,0x0BD4,0x0B4D,0x0BD3,0x0BAC,0x0C2D,0x0D05,0x0B4E,0x0D06,0x0D67,0x0763
(those are all Saitek Flight Equipment)
Oh wow, that sounds like an amazing set up!

UniJack15

Backer
Is this playable now at all? its been about a year since ive relooked into this game and i wanna see how far its gotten

Thread starter Admin #18

JB_

Developer
Developer

Simone Ruggiero

Frienemies
Backer
Can you make the third stress test a bit longer please because I am always finding problems when you release stress tests, like, my internet goes down and I never get to play it :(

DrUmMiSt

Bug Squisher Extraordinaire
Backer
Can you make the third stress test a bit longer please because I am always finding problems when you release stress tests, like, my internet goes down and I never get to play it :(
The next release will be Alpha according to JB's post and has said that servers will stay up when released so there will be no time period.
The rest of the ISland will be opened up also.