• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Coming in version Alpha 1.0

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Awesome update! I was wondering what you guys had up your sleeves after being a while since the last changelog update, exciting stuff! Super excited to see AI as it evolves. I imagine you could use the same logic for passive AI regarding being attracted to noise, just reversed (i.e. being scared off by noise), for things like deer, rabbits, etc.

It's great to see even more optimizations so early in a game, far too many put optimization on the backburner. You guys are doing it right!

Also really great to see proximity chat so early. I hope this can be tied in with the AI system (you wouldn't want to have a full on conversation with someone around a horde after all).

Can't wait for Alpha to kick off. :D :D

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Will we have working generators?
Perhaps not as soon as Alpha launches, but at some point I'm sure we will have generators to tinker with!

So when alpha starts will you be opening up a new thread? Can not get an alert if you post Alpha event in a newly created thread.
It will most likely be a new thread, yes. If you follow the link in the OP (Original Post) you will be notified via email whenever the Devs post a NEW thread in this section (News & Announcements section). Hope that helps. http://community.survivethenights.n...mail-updates-for-official-announcements.5674/

Tyler Burkill

Backer
Sounds very nice indeed! been a while since ive been here but nice to see an ALPHA soon :). Really looking forward to that for sure.

DrUmMiSt

Bug Squisher Extraordinaire
Backer
Will the Alpha be on steam or just available to backers? Just posing the question as I'm sure others may be thinking the same. Does not affect me in any way but would be good info to know.

Thread starter Admin #33

JB_

Developer
Developer
Will the Alpha be on steam or just available to backers? Just posing the question as I'm sure others may be thinking the same. Does not affect me in any way but would be good info to know.
Alpha not going to go to Steam day one, it'll hit Early Access once it's solid.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not just chickens, but VOIP? Sorry, I just need to go and change my undergarments.
After the second stress test, I thought the development might slow down, but instead it's speeded up.
I think the STN team probably has a serious caffeine addiction and a sleep deprivation problem now.
Looking forward to some (pre?) Alpha action soon.

DrUmMiSt

Bug Squisher Extraordinaire
Backer
Not just chickens, but VOIP? Sorry, I just need to go and change my undergarments.
After the second stress test, I thought the development might slow down, but instead it's speeded up.
I think the STN team probably has a serious caffeine addiction and a sleep deprivation problem now.
Looking forward to some (pre?) Alpha action soon.
I think the caffeine addiction and sleep deprevation are the fuel that keeps them going.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I thought LOD means Level of depth?
Naw LOD is Level of Detail. Objects farther away render in with less complex models and/or textures to lower memory usage and conserve computation requirements. As you get closer the models will render in with more complex models/textures, depending on your LOD settings and overall graphics settings.

Kacproc

Naw LOD is Level of Detail. Objects farther away render in with less complex models and/or textures to lower memory usage and conserve computation requirements. As you get closer the models will render in with more complex models/textures, depending on your LOD settings and overall graphics settings.
OHH yes sorry I just got the name wrong I knew what it did but I mixed the name up

Norton

that guy who does things with sfm
Backer
Hype, now back into my hole until another update comes out.

meaning I'm vanishing again