• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Computers

Thread starter #1

|QIG|Cman3144™

CMAN THE GREAT
Backer
Explination:
Okay my idea is to have computers in game.. Now I know there has been a post of this before but it didn't say much... I just wanted to say that before I go any farther.
Information:
Okay now to the suggestion! Anyways I think computers would be useful as a type of end game thing.. It would add laptops, desktops etc. And it would have internet but! You would have to take over some kindof cable company building aswell as the place with all the servers.. Get power there and have it up and running.. Then you would also have to either have a cable to plug into the wall of a house or a Wi-Fi router.. And the computer would allow you to contact and chat with other players in the multiplayer. Now of corse this would be a End Game type of thing to setup.
Ending:
Okay well that's my suggestion! Post a reply with what you think & little suggestions for this suggestion!

SuperCraaze

Backer
maybe if you could hold the building that deals with the internet you could make people give you things to keep the internet on? if they dont give you anything it gets terminated? its just a thought.

Thread starter #3

|QIG|Cman3144™

CMAN THE GREAT
Backer
maybe if you could hold the building that deals with the internet you could make people give you things to keep the internet on? if they dont give you anything it gets terminated? its just a thought.
Yeah like at a very end game point a zombie fighting community might arise and people have to pay with items or currency to keep there internet on.. XD

Graham

The One You Should Avoid In Multiplayer Games
Backer
Or You Could Use A Computer To Control Advanced Traps And Automatic Doors?
gr.jpg

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Nice idea, you could even tie in a global network of sorts. Like an in-game message board for survivors to post things - lootable spots, good hunting grounds, maybe even requests for help/trade?

One thing to consider is the power required to maintain that building. Generators power houses. What powers the comm building? Maybe solar?

Thread starter #6

|QIG|Cman3144™

CMAN THE GREAT
Backer
Nice idea, you could even tie in a global network of sorts. Like an in-game message board for survivors to post things - lootable spots, good hunting grounds, maybe even requests for help/trade?

One thing to consider is the power required to maintain that building. Generators power houses. What powers the comm building? Maybe solar?
Well I like the idea of possibly having to get solar panels are your own or a windmill and connect it by wire to the building

SuperCraaze

Backer

Maybe self build-able wind turbines? little electricity from one but have a few and it decent?

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
It was a joke and for those of us schooled in actual gaming easter eggs, the reference to minecraft being playable inside another game is a reference to the use of LUA to code in games and movies via computercraft.

But hey, you knew that right?

Skeele

Leader of ReaperPack
I would use a laptop to control a building, its cameras, sealed doors, traps, and how about small homemade drones that can be use to scout the area but distance depends on the broadcast of the laptop

Biscuits

Risk it for a Biscuit
Backer
It was a joke and for those of us schooled in actual gaming easter eggs, the reference to minecraft being playable inside another game is a reference to the use of LUA to code in games and movies via computercraft.

But hey, you knew that right?
I think I missed that day of school, apologies. I was always more a Buildcraft guy.

King_CreepaLot

Random gas mask collector
It would be a good idea, and would be really good if you could take parts off computers like CPUs and things like that and put them on other computers. Maybe you could have many different types of parts like 1 TB HDDs or 250 GB SSDs and i5s and i7s, or to not copyright make up fake names like t5s. Those components could make the computer run differently, or with hard drives have different things on them. There could maybe be a computer store like a Best Buy or something where you could find parts and computers rarely.

I like the idea its cool and all but just think that it's a zombie apocalyptic world so what would the use of computers and internet be? Im just thinking of it realistically but still there could still be uses like idk some sorta online bank or currency or simple games

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
It would be a good idea, and would be really good if you could take parts off computers like CPUs and things like that and put them on other computers. Maybe you could have many different types of parts like 1 TB HDDs or 250 GB SSDs and i5s and i7s, or to not copyright make up fake names like t5s. Those components could make the computer run differently, or with hard drives have different things on them. There could maybe be a computer store like a Best Buy or something where you could find parts and computers rarely.
i do actually like this idea. I have no idea why.

If we could find a way to hook the PC's up to the house to make "smart homes" with automated systems in game i think it could add a whole new angle on surviving in today's world.

Or maybe as a DLC? Computers running Sinux (to avoid copyright) that hook into homes and say PDA's (if you can find one in game) and create a network of interlinked digital communities that can issue out little updates via mobile devices that warn of coming hordes or maybe even bandit groups roaming an area. PC's could also help with say a map/waypoint system.

This sort of suggestion would have to be thrashed out etc but i do like the thought of some digital stuff in a digital age.

LiterallyCamperGoSTN

Peace soldier in undead times.
i do actually like this idea. I have no idea why.

If we could find a way to hook the PC's up to the house to make "smart homes" with automated systems in game i think it could add a whole new angle on surviving in today's world.

Or maybe as a DLC? Computers running Sinux (to avoid copyright) that hook into homes and say PDA's (if you can find one in game) and create a network of interlinked digital communities that can issue out little updates via mobile devices that warn of coming hordes or maybe even bandit groups roaming an area. PC's could also help with say a map/waypoint system.

This sort of suggestion would have to be thrashed out etc but i do like the thought of some digital stuff in a digital age.
Am I the only one that sees this something absurd beyond belief?
It's a Zombie Apocalypse, no wi-fi, no DVD's, no television cable, no "interlinked digital communities". Considering this game allows you to have power supply to your house, I would consider myself more than lucky if I was in that situation. Let's not turn this into an overcomplex game that is about establishing a base, connecting computers together, and creating a community of connected PC's inside A ZOMBIE GAME.

Don't forget what this game is about.