1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Console Release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justice, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Justice

Justice New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Will there ever be a console release whenever this game gets out of Early Access ?

2. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    For some reason i read this as console peasant. PC master race!

Dr. J, OhDemGames and OzzFreak like this.
  3. OzzFreak

OzzFreak I sold my soul to be the human obscene Backer

Aug 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

Dr. J and DZS like this.
  4. OhDemGames

OhDemGames Oh so pretty oh so pretty Community Mod Backer

Jun 19, 2017
    A console release has been talked about but nothing more than that at this time in development (pre-alpha) they are focused on windows and mac builds for the time being.

Oh come on guys consoles aint that bad for certain games :D

5. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Any mention of Linux support?

6. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Accurate

OzzFreak likes this.
  7. Who's This Pleb

Who's This Pleb Future Ophthalmologist Backer

Sep 29, 2017
    I could give you a million reasons why I prefer console over PC. However, I like PC too so why not both?:D As to answer your question about console release, my bet is that it will never happen. From a reasonable standpoint, it will be many, many months until the game is exactly as envisioned by the devs. My guess is by then, they will choose to just keep it to PC. If this game absolutely takes off though later down the road, it's a definite possibility...I also have no idea how easy/hard it is to cross platforms like that.

I know I just contradicted what I said there but it's wayyyyyy too early to tell. Like picking colleges on your first day of grade school!

DZS likes this.
  8. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    A PS4 version was one of the Kickstarter stretch goals, so it is planned, but probably won't be happening for a while. Not sure how the whole early access thing works on consoles, or the PS4, but I have heard that Sony can be pretty strict with what they allow(I've also seen 'life of black tiger' though, and if they allow that kind of garbage, then StN shouldn't have too many issues).

Num47 and OhDemGames like this.
  9. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Microsoft do have their own version of EA called "Game Preview", I honestly think it started when Minecraft came out for xbox because it was a year or 2 behind (I think) the PC version and got updates to bring it upto par with most features although there was no program like it at the time, besides the indie games section which also had a few games like Fortress Craft, One Finger Death Punch, Xenonuaghts, Murder Miners and so on, which not long came out on PC after console first.

But you right thou, it'll probably be some time before that, if it does happen.