• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Console Release?

Thread starter #1

Justice

Will there ever be a console release whenever this game gets out of Early Access ?

OhDemGames

Oh so pretty oh so pretty
Lead Mod
Backer
Will there ever be a console release whenever this game gets out of Early Access ?
A console release has been talked about but nothing more than that at this time in development (pre-alpha) they are focused on windows and mac builds for the time being.

Oh come on guys consoles aint that bad for certain games :D

DZS

Survivor
Backer
A console release has been talked about but nothing more than that at this time in development (pre-alpha) they are focused on windows and mac builds for the time being.

Oh come on guys consoles aint that bad for certain games :D
Any mention of Linux support?

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
I could give you a million reasons why I prefer console over PC. However, I like PC too so why not both?:D As to answer your question about console release, my bet is that it will never happen. From a reasonable standpoint, it will be many, many months until the game is exactly as envisioned by the devs. My guess is by then, they will choose to just keep it to PC. If this game absolutely takes off though later down the road, it's a definite possibility...I also have no idea how easy/hard it is to cross platforms like that.

I know I just contradicted what I said there but it's wayyyyyy too early to tell. Like picking colleges on your first day of grade school!

Moderator #8

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
A PS4 version was one of the Kickstarter stretch goals, so it is planned, but probably won't be happening for a while. Not sure how the whole early access thing works on consoles, or the PS4, but I have heard that Sony can be pretty strict with what they allow(I've also seen 'life of black tiger' though, and if they allow that kind of garbage, then StN shouldn't have too many issues).

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
A PS4 version was one of the Kickstarter stretch goals, so it is planned, but probably won't be happening for a while. Not sure how the whole early access thing works on consoles, or the PS4, but I have heard that Sony can be pretty strict with what they allow(I've also seen 'life of black tiger' though, and if they allow that kind of garbage, then StN shouldn't have too many issues).
Microsoft do have their own version of EA called "Game Preview", I honestly think it started when Minecraft came out for xbox because it was a year or 2 behind (I think) the PC version and got updates to bring it upto par with most features although there was no program like it at the time, besides the indie games section which also had a few games like Fortress Craft, One Finger Death Punch, Xenonuaghts, Murder Miners and so on, which not long came out on PC after console first.

But you right thou, it'll probably be some time before that, if it does happen.