• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Coop mechanics

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Power in numbers

Through the use of a political system based on the amount of players present assigned permission to a base special crafting options unlock. For example, increased speed in ammunition crafting think of Russian tank factories during WW2. Perhaps ultra fortified bases where barbed wire and electric fences can be rigged up. These options only become available when a minimum number of players is assigned access to a building.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like how it sounds, what do you think the pros and cons might be?

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
It could potentially be abused by groups of players so it would have to be carefully implemented. Like if it was assigned to a building that was part of a large complex, an apartment block for example where you might expect the game to see them as separate houses 'bases' but if a group of smart players could find an exploit it may allow such mechanics to extend to attached structures.

The advantages are groups of players would gain an edge over the zombies and other players by unlocking special construction options through collaboration and working together as a team. In a larger community would be interesting where you have many players occupying multiple buildings near each other but working together as a community. I'd love to see the option in STN someday to create community groups in game, i would say countries but there's no way the game servers will ever support more than 64 players as a guess. That'd require some funky backend development to create server shards as with planetside 2.