• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Court House

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I done a search and nothing came up, but they could have another name... just got up, so I am too tired too think.... need the daily dose of STN & coffee.....

Islands gotta have one of these... would mostly have multiple floors with lots of rooms, the court room being the largest and have holding cells aswell as some parking area around the front and/or back, maybe surrounded by a wall or fence.

The building itself could be the old brick court style (cant think of the name, too early in the morning) so it would have that old americana feel to go with the athstetic of the map and also be very solid in defence.

*P.S I have never stepped a foot in one*

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I like it. Definitely multiple floors. Lots of rooms for the different administrative areas like the assessor, clerk, collector, recorder, sheriff, treasurer, records, planning & zoning, etc.

It would be neat if you could get the metal detectors working, either by restoring the whole building's power via generators or hooking generators directly to them, to serve as an alarm (along with other traps of course). This would make a great building for a "clan".

It's very possible that there would be a a prison and juvenile detention center nearby as well, not necessarily right next to it but they could be. In a town I used to live in, the county jail was right next to the county's courthouse, and the juvy center was about a mile or two away.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
All I can see are players holding trials. Judge, defendant, plaintiff, jury, witnesses, The whole ShaBang! I love it! Don't know if my dream will come true but I think it would make a great addition to the game. Probably would only be one on the island. Maybe two. Would defiantly make a good strong hold though.

Davz Not Here

Backer

police station is attached to the back of the court house (semi separate building)
holding cells are in the basement
3 court rooms of similar size
2 stories

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I like it, looks like it's been there a while.

Here's an image of the courthouse with the jail & what not in immediate vicinity. Original courthouse is on the far right, it is now purely administrative (all the public stuffs like collector, clerk, etc). It's 3 stories (3rd story is sort of a basement but has ground access in the rear). It's had additions made to it but the front is pretty much remained unchained for 84 years. County courthouse used to be in Lynn Creek, MO but it was moved when the Bagnell Dam was built, creating the Lake of the Ozarks & subsequently flooding most of Lynn Creek.

Middle building in the rear is the new courthouse. It's 2 stories (not sure if there's a basement) which has 2 large courtrooms (maybe a small one or two not sure), private rooms for talking to attorneys and such, offices and what not, and holding cells for the courts. Also connected is the Sheriff's office with it's own holding cells and what not.

Far left building is the jail, I can't say much about it as I've never been inside. ;) 2 stories, again not sure if there are any basement levels.

Camden CO Courthouse.jpg

Local police station is just shy of a half mile away, no holding cells (they just use the county's), and the juvy center is just over a mile away, both down West 54 (the same road pictured).

*EDIT*
Quick aerial view. Courthouse at the top (original building to the right, addition to the left), courts & Sheriff dept. to the far left (middle building), jail at the bottom.

Camden CO Courthouse 02.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter #7

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Great pic's for concept and the exact type I was thinking of... nothing too old but also nothing that looks modern and full of glass :).

An attached jailhouse is something that would be a huge bonus, and it would make for a popular choice of safehouse location, but I am not to sure if that would be too OP or not... personally I don't mind either way.

And I am sure there would be a nice prison bus somewhere close-by just for you @Crazypineapple55 ;)

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
And I am sure there would be a nice prison bus somewhere close-by just for you @Crazypineapple55 ;)
I sure hope so...I would prefer a nice yellow school bus, but you can't picky in the zombie apocalypse :p We can only hope XD