• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Crafted item quality rating

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
It'd be great to have quality level on crafted items from 1-5 like Epic or legendary to poor or very average depending on the character who's crafting it their skill, perhaps the amount of nights they've survived as a way to add a crafted quality system?

It would really add something to the games economy as well, some of the longest staying players would become the most indemand traders if they got into crafting.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
How does that work with the current game mechanics? We can already inspect an item and see it's condition, if it needs repair?

I'm sure I've seen a player level column in the online stats by pressing <TAB>, but is it not a little unfair on newer players that 'time-served' players will get better abilities?

Perhaps a better way to implement the idea is only a short step from where we are now? Longest surviving players might know where to pick up loot, or even have a stash themselves they can then trade with others?

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I mean only for crafted items not randomly found loot.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Smithing#Item_Quality
Quality Level
Nights Survived

Something like that.
I tried to make a graph my php skill sucks lol.

For higher quality crafted items, the durability could be longer with damage on well crafted weapons or for vehicles say its a high quality crafted fuel tank the fuel lasts slightly longer. You could have stuff like superior quality bullets near millitary spec but crafted or really badly hastily made bullets that sometimes misfire or cause your gun damage. Like anything in life, some people are better at making stuff than others. You could call the amount of nights survived experience. Dieing and starting fresh is like being a new character to the apocalypse. Unless some sort of next of kin system is eventually added.

It would encourage players to really become good at staying alive and banding together, groups and community's with long lived players would be very valuable. Every clan needs a good smith.

Last edited: