1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crafted Medieval Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by BlackWater, Dec 18, 2014.

1. BlackWater

BlackWater Cultured Crow Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well after a break and finding an obsession in a mobile strategy game I decided to create some more makeshift weapon ideas this time based off of weapons typically used during the Medevil period starting with a home made arbalest and ending with a a really crazy idea I had called La Lance De Fusil. So be prepared for another one of my long suggestions.

The Hunter
    http://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1193i02E5693B58600360?v=mpbl-1
    Part's:
    1x Large post or Branch
    1x Large Leaf Spring
    http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/leaf-spring-2.jpg
    1x Strap Hand Winch
    http://www.harborfreight.com/media/...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_20524.jpg
    Various Small Metal Part's(The show that I got this idea from used a clutch pedal would that be better)

"A large home made arbalest created from a large carved piece of wood, a long leaf spring, a strap hand winch and various metal parts, using sharpened rebar as ammunition. Using a long thick piece of wood for a base the pole or branch is carved to size and comfort, a lengthy slat is craved into the wood where the bolt will be placed. Directly behind the bolt reservoir the wood is carved out through the piece to allow the placement of a trigger and winch mechanisms. Ahead of the bolt reservoir a long leaf spring for a truck is secured to the front of the carved pole via the center bolt of the spring. A heavy duty waxed string tied in a endless loop is strung to the leaf spring and secured with clamps. To pull back the string a hand winch is placed within the carved out recess directly behind the bolt reservoir and bolted onto the frame. A release mechanism created from several metal pieces and two springs is placed within the recess as well and bolted in. The ammunition is created through steadily grinding away at the tip of a piece of re-bar until a point has been fashioned." This huge handmade crossbow takes a long time to load and is very heavy but anything you hit with it will definitly be taken down, if they add ragdoll it would also have the added effect of staking anything to the nearest surface.

The Aegis
    Part's:
    1x Riot Shield
    1x Car Battery
    1x Hand Switch
    9x Taser's
    18x Clamps
    36X Screws
    Electrical Wiring

"A modified shield made from a riot shield, a car battery, a button hand switch, clamps, screws, electrical wiring and multiple taser's, a drill and a heavy duty jig saw are needed as well. Using a riot shield as a frame several small rectangular ports are cut into the shield using a saw, the ports hold each taser and allow for easy repair or replacement of a broken taser. The Tasers are secured into each port with clamps secured with screws drilled into the frame of the shield. Each taser has been modified and linked together with electrical wiring and each taser is directly linked to a single button hand switch used for projectors. For power the entire setup is tied to a car battery clamped to the bottom of the riot shield." The added tasers give the Shield added usage by giving it the ability to stun targets striking the shield at the drawback of increased weight.

The Inquisitor
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._the_pope.svg/284px-Cross_of_the_pope.svg.png
    Part's:
    1x Long Wooden Pole
    1x Long Piece of Re-bar
    2x Medium Length Pieces of Re-bar
    1x Small Piece of Re-bar
    1x Medium Sized Length of Chain

"A large homemade pike made from a wooden pole, several sharpened re-bar pieces and a metal chain welded into the shape of a papel cross. Drilling a lengthy hole into the pole the longest piece of re-bar is heated and pressed into the hole drilled into the wooden pole creating a makeshift spear. Starting from the top of the spear with the shortest piece of re-bar and leading downwards with the larger pieces the additional pieces of re-bar are welded to the re-bar spear. A long length of a medium sized chain is then wrapped around the welded re-bar pieces, and around the longest piece of re-bar finally welding it into one piece." This simple weapon gives you a strong homemade melee weapon with enough length to keep away the zombies, and the multiple sharpened ends allow for stabing and slashing attacks.

The Boleyn
    http://getasword.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/executioner-sword.jpg
    Part's:
    1x Medium Sized Wooden Pole
    1x Long Piece of Re-bar
    20x Nut's & Bolt's
    10x License Plate's

"A long homemade sword created with a single long piece of re-bar, a modified wood pole, several nut's and bolt's, leather straps and multiple sharpened license plates. First a wooden pole is cut to a comfortable length for use with two hands as a handle, a hole is then drilled into the wooden rod. The lengthy piece of re-bar is then heated until it has reached an adequate temperature and is then pushed into the drilled hole within the wooden pole securing them as one piece. Multiple license plates are then sharpened and bolted together and formed into a long sharpened piece of double bladed metal. The Re- bar is then fed through the gap between the license plates until flush against the handle, the metal plates are secured to the handle with leather straps to create a hand guard and to keep the plates from slipping. Additional light welding on the top and bottom secure the plates to the re-bar." A large home made sword without a tip, and designed for beheading and hacking. Based off of the execution sword used during the medevil age, most famously used on Anne Boleyn.

The Alley Hammer
    Part's:
    1x Small Wooden Pole
    1x Bowling Ball
    1x Small Bag of Quick Dry Cement
    1x Small Bottle of Water

"A large single handed hammer created with a small piece of re-bar, a modified wood pole, quick dry cement, water and a bowling ball. A drill and blow torch and tongs are required. First cutting a wooden pole to a comfortable length for a one handed grip and drilling a hole halfway through, the small piece of re-bar is heated until adequately hot and is then pushed into the wooden grip while still hot to create a single piece. The thumb hole of a bowling ball is deepened with a drill creating a larger recess. The deeper hole is filled with a small mixture of quick drying cement and water, and the handle is placed within the hole and left to set until secure." A simple sturdy short range melee weapon capable of heavy blunt strikes.

Okay this is a perticularlly crazy idea even for me but I wanted to add another medevil themed weapon, it's basically a super upgrade for a bolt action rifle.

La Lance de Fusil
    Part's:
    1x Mosin Nagant
    1x Conical Garden Cage
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ltO2Rf1eL._SY355_.jpg
    6x Leather Straps
    24x Nut's & Bolt's
    8x Small pieces of Re-bar
    4x Small Steel Plates
    1x Small Roll of Metal Sheeting

"A modified melee and ranged weapon using a Mosin Nagant, a conical wire garden cage, metal sheeting, multiple nut's and bolts, small pieces of re-bar, multiple leather straps and steel plates. A conical wire garden cage is used as a frame for the weapon, the cage is strengthened by welding small pieces of re-bar between the gaps in the wire cage. Leather straps are wrapped around the barrel of a bolt-action rifle and fastened to the re-bar additions to the frame. Metal sheeting is then slowly wrapped around the entirety of the wire cage with a few added layers around the muzzle of the rifle, the sheeting is then bolted together and secured additionally with spot welding around the seems of the sheeting. The extra metal around the mouth of the weapon is grinded down and sharpened into a razor sharp edge. Extra ports around the outer shell of the weapon are cut to allow additional ammo to be added and the use of the bolt action mechanism. The longest port is added onto the bottom of the shell under the barrel to allow it to be easily held. Additional ports can be cut into the frame for additional modifications to the rifle such as a scope. Finally metal plates are hammered into a angular form and welded/bolted near the trigger to give a small bit of added protection from ranged fire."

This is a strange upgrade for a bolt action rifle that turns the entire rifle into a armored bayonet. The sharp opening acts as the stabbing impelment and the overall design of the frame gives the rifle some extra protection. The rear plates act as a face/body shield when firing from the hip or aiming through the sight, it wont stop a bullet but it should slow it a bit to potienally allow any worn armor or clothing to stop it. I know your thinking why not just use a bayonet and create a make shiftface shield, valid points but I have a counter point.....it's a rifle lance lol. I also think the added protection to the gun and yourself might help in a firefight and there is the indimidation factor.

So that was another long post but it's good to be back and I hope you guys enjoy my ideas.

2. Jeffernaut

Jeffernaut Well-Known Member Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Interesting ideas.

3. BlackWater

Aug 14, 2014
    Thanks I was starting to think no one thought they were interesting I was actually going to deleate it and see if I could post it in the regular section. I saw how some people wanted medevil style weapons so I decided to think of some survivor made medevil type weapons since others made a good point that it would be hard to find actual antique medevil weapons. The Ageis and La Lance de Fusil are my crazier ideas. I thought the Ageis would make a good super shield that would be really effective in close quarters, and La Lance de Fusil well I just really liked the Gun Lances from the Monster Hunter series.

Any thoughts on the weapons, and any ways I might make them better. Also what do you think about the design of my craziest idea on this thread La Lance de Fusil, it's crazy and it might impractical but every post apoctalyptic knight needs a Lance lol.

4. Jeffernaut

Aug 14, 2014
    I thought "the Inquisitor" was a little weird.

5. BlackWater

Aug 14, 2014
    Really how so? I tried to think of a simple long range slashing and stabing weapon so I wanted a form with a lot of contact points so I choose a Papal Cross. Is it the name, I mostly wanted something that sounded religious if you can think of a some more names I am all ear's I am not obsessed with the name. I was thinking that crafting schematic for it could be found at a church, the other crafting schematics could be obtained by reading medevil history books.

BABYBLACKHOLE likes this.
  6. Jeffernaut

Aug 14, 2014
    I don't know.
    It's probably just me.

7. BlackWater

Aug 14, 2014
    It's alright man no problem, I am just glad that I am finally getting some traffic on this thread. I might try to come up with some more medevil style survior made weapons if I can find any more medevil weapons that interest me.

8. Jeffernaut

Aug 14, 2014
    Cool.

Good luck and stay safe my friend.

9. Warboss Mekk Muncher

Warboss Mekk Muncher New Member Backer

Sep 20, 2014
    Really hope they add these to the game, maybe have a book like "the art of blacksmithing" provide schematics! Make it a rare scheme or something?