• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Crumple/Soft body zones on Vehicles.

Thread starter #1

Jared Kaufman

Official Hero Bandit
Backer
I think that later in the development of the game somewhat soft body models should be added to the vehicles.

Does anyone like this idea?

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Explain plz?

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Ah ok.... I get it now

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Yes I do... But It should already be in

Moderator #7

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
That would be general physics in the game. Adding crumple zones into the cars when they collide. causing damage to the people in the car, but also the parts of the car such as steering column making the car slowly drift either left or right. smashed window screen so visibility is poor and the general performance of the car is not as good as it used to. Possibly oil / fuel leakages to? who knows.

Tally Ho!

Moderator #9

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer

That car does not get "flattened". This is why they are called Crumple Zones. to stop the flattening of cars :)

Skip to 0:40

Thread starter #10

Jared Kaufman

Official Hero Bandit
Backer

That car does not get "flattened". This is why they are called Crumple Zones. to stop the flattening of cars :)

Skip to 0:40
Ok yeah I get new cars with new designs. But the cars they have shown look older but like the engine block is more rigid. But I totally understand what your saying.

duncan816

Backer
Possibly have it say that for example if the was a zombie apocalypse would zombie honestly be able to destroy a car just by smacking it when it's stationary? Probably not and also if there was a boarded up house and a zombie walks by would he just randomly decide to start bashing on boards? Probably not I say this because there is a lot of games that do these and it just doesn't make sense... So maybe make it so these things don't happen? I mean maybe if there's a load of zombies they could do something.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Now im going to say yes a zombie could destroy pieces of a car if its running or making noises the human body without pain can do a lot of damage but i dont think there should be a system where if a zombie gets close to something player made it should just attack it, now if someone is making noises in the house the zombie will destroy what it needs to to get to said source of noise