• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Dangerous Leftover Traps

Thread starter #1

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
This is quite a simple idea but could force players to play a lot more cautiously. The concept is armed traps such as the shotgun trap left in house. Some of the previous inhabitants of houses might leave traps before they left to try and kill zombies or even keep their house safe from the occasional looting survivor (you). You might turn a corner or open a door and-BAM, you have a hole blown in your chest from a 12 gauge. This would force you to be a lot more cautious in your looting and do things such as looking through windows or listening for the snap of a tripwire, I feel this could enhance the game play but I feel that it should probably be an optional setting because some players might find it very frustrating.

SadPanda284

Backer
It definitely adds some extra environmental-awareness requirements to the game. Just because a house APPEARS abandoned doesn't mean there aren't still surprises waiting inside lol

Zipp3n^

Backer
If a trap is set up, both human and zombies can get hit/killed? I don't understand exactly what you want to add to the game. Traps that spawn random by them self?
And if you hear a trap wire snap, isn't it to late to react?

Thread starter #5

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
If a trap is set up, both human and zombies can get hit/killed? I don't understand exactly what you want to add to the game. Traps that spawn random by them self?
And if you hear a trap wire snap, isn't it to late to react?
I think set spawn points for various traps and the tripwire thing was just me guessing because I don't know much about the actual game play. I hadn't really considered the idea of zombies triggering the traps, it was mainly just an idea to add a bit of danger and force players to be a bit more cautious

Zipp3n^

Backer
Well, I'm not sure what I want.. But if you come to a house where someone have lived, of course they could have set up a trap to protect themselves with. Yeah well I like the idea with random traps, sounds realistic.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Now, this is all cool and stuff. But say i abandon a house ive been occupying to go in search of the great island survival dream, and i leave some traps set just in case someone tries to follow, or for the next player to use should he be smart enough to look before he leaps. Lets say the player is a rocktard and runs in the front door only to be met by the shotgun trap, and it goes off and kills him. Will i lose mental stability? Surely i shouldnt considering that was set for a zombie and not a player (or was it....). To be honest, i may just set traps up when i leave a house anyway because i am sentimental and dont want some hobo settling in what used to be mine.

Grynn Reaper

Embrace the weirdness - Grynn
Backer
I seriously doubt trap use would affect your mental status, how would you even know someone triggered it if you've left the area. Unless you leave traps like a combo bear trap/ rectal violator but then your mental status was never rock solid to begin with if you do that lol

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
lol! Im thinking that trolling or banditry-by-trap is gonna be the order of the day.

If i team up with people and i go online to play, but ive had a rough day, you can be certain i will troll one of the guys in the house with a shotgun trap when he goes to switch his pot-lamp on.

QuickLoad

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ Sq. Scorpio CO
Backer
Wow these are some really good points...
I mean, i think what they should do is..
If you've lived in that district/sector for a certain amount of time.. the district/sector becomes something that you prize..
And therefore, if you had a trap set there when leaving and it took a player/zombie out, you wouldn't loose mental stability.

But let's say you just settled into your new house, for 1 day, and quickly left to search for supplies, it was a high-bandit location so you set up traps, upon coming back, you see the man's rotted blood on the floor from your trap. I'd say you'd loose mental stability for that.

QuickLoad

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ Sq. Scorpio CO
Backer
And if it's someone you've marked friendly(if they add something like that), and HE'S the dead one, you should definitely loose mental stability for that.

Thread starter #20

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
I seriously doubt trap use would affect your mental status, how would you even know someone triggered it if you've left the area. Unless you leave traps like a combo bear trap/ rectal violator but then your mental status was never rock solid to begin with if you do that lol
The bear trap/rectal violator is indeed a deadly combo

Last edited: