• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

decorating and furnishings

Thread starter #1

GDUBMX

Day 1 Supporter
Backer
I did a quick search but didn't find anything related to this so apologies if its already been mentioned.

I think the ability to find random stuff like paintings and hunting trophies etc to decorate your building would be cool just to add that little extra toward personalization.
You could find items such as bear skin rugs in abandoned, remote log cabins.

Last edited:

LiterallyCamperGoSTN

Peace soldier in undead times.
This is something from TLOU Q&A about customization:
"Just had a simple question regarding MP: Will there ever be any sort of customization options besides hats/masks?"

-Dev: "(...) Given the fact that Factions
(TLOU Multiplayer) are based on specific clans with a certain look and feel we don’t want to radically change that by offering up too much customization. Oversized parachute pants or x-ray specs just don’t fit the tone of The Last of Us Multiplayer. "

I felt this kind of fitted the suggestion, as there are so many suggestions about televisions, DVD's, computer, hell, even internet. Yes, they are suggestions, but we don't know the limit of what a2z developers consider this to be a community project. I certainly don't want to be in a server where customization of your little house hold is more important than surviving the apocalypse.

Peace.

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
Color me crazy, but I don't merely want to survive the zombie end-times, I want to thrive in them! That said, I'm conflicted about the merits of nifty clutter and decorations. On one hand, personalization could be an important way to maintain mentality, which as we all know, is the single most awesome feature of this game. On the other hand, so much dynamic (non-static) content could significantly burden server speed and reduce overall game performance.

I feel like there are two major categories of discussion here which need to be separated: furniture versus decorations. Furniture, as I have posted elsewhere, is necessary for immersion and would make an awesome means of barricading buildings, storing supplies, etc.. Decorations however, would only serve the narrow function of mitigating mentality, which isn't something I really want. If you removed the mentality bonus from decorations then why have them at all? That said, mitigating mentality - at least for me - is a no no. So, furniture yes, decorations... far off maybe.