• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Desk Shotgun

Thread starter #1

Biscuits

Risk it for a Biscuit
Backer
A potential trap idea: a shotgun tied underneath a desk so that it is hidden from view. Popular in some films as a sneaky way to get the drop on your enemies.

Was thinking that the bonus of concealment could be balanced by doing reduced damage (The shot has to travel through the desk)

(Like this but with a shotgun)

Thoughts?

Thread starter #3

Biscuits

Risk it for a Biscuit
Backer
I like this idea heaps, sounds awesome, but not just shotguns, every gun and weapon.
Yeah, I'm not sure which guns will be in the game so not sure which ones would work.
The only issue is aiming, as with shotguns you just hit everything vaguely in front of you. With something like a pistol there's a high chance of missing.

Gun storage would be another idea though (as displayed in the picture) as this could be done with lots of weapons.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
Yeah, I'm not sure which guns will be in the game so not sure which ones would work.
The only issue is aiming, as with shotguns you just hit everything vaguely in front of you. With something like a pistol there's a high chance of missing.

Gun storage would be another idea though (as displayed in the picture) as this could be done with lots of weapons.
oh you meant to shoot with the gun! haha I thought you meant just a sneaky way to hide guns and if someone trys to storm you, you have a quickdraw weapon or two.

Thread starter #5

Biscuits

Risk it for a Biscuit
Backer
Ah no, as a trap. Not sure the exact mechanics, it could be activated by tripwire or hand, but as a way of killing people/zombies =)

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
lol unless i'm a super villain with a lair id rather just have the shotgun trip wire trap :p

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
That's exactly what it is. But the trigger is exposed so I guess you could shoot it although it wouldn;t be easy. THe way it's set up it would have to be taken and pulled out to be used.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Yeah it's a way to conceal the firearm in case you;re someone like me with ill intentions!

Thread starter #16

Biscuits

Risk it for a Biscuit
Backer
Oh, well whats the point of that when you can just shoot it normally?
As people mentioned the main point of the trap is concealment. It's more of a PvP trap as it relies on people not noticing it (would work for zombies but other traps exist)

Yes the picture is just a gun strapped to a desk, my bad. I couldn't find an ideal picture. Mentally replace the pistol with a loaded shotgun and anything in front of the desk gets messed up when the trigger is pulled.