• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Devs Have Been Busy (Changelog Updates)

Thread starter #21

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Thread starter #23

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Leggy

Jack in little trades...
Backer
October 13th changed added to the OP! Or rather removed, a couple of things were removed under the "In progress" heading!
How immense is the free placement system in terms of FPS change for players? It seems like that's a drastic change, but since it's being removed, FPS would increase?

Just curious! =]

Thread starter #25

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
How immense is the free placement system in terms of FPS change for players? It seems like that's a drastic change, but since it's being removed, FPS would increase?

Just curious! =]
The free placement system wasn't removed from the game, but rather removed from the "In progress for Alpha 1.0", meaning it is now implemented into the game. I don't think this will really affect performance or FPS either way. That particular system looks to be mainly for the placement of locks and things like that. Now, if we are able to put an 'unlimited' (limited only by space) number of locks on a door, that may impact framerates ever so slightly since you'd have that many more objects to render.

If this system includes the free placement of physical drops/loot, then I would think it slightly increases FPS. Since items dropped would no longer fall to the ground with physics the game won't have to make those calculations.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I'd like to hope that when items are being placed they "snap" or are stuck to a (size permits) flat surface when placed, so say when you place some boxes of ammuntion/food that they are not kicked around if you move too close.

Also brings my question of, should looking at visible piles of resources/materials that you have placed/find raise your mood? and then also the other end of the scale of, lowering the mood if you don't have enough visible supplies?

Thread starter #27
Thread starter #28

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I get warm tingles reading the changelog... those hand anims when driving look nice and smooth... I wonder if they are synced for each other too see?

All the stuff looks great first time round, some of it looks as if no improvement could be made... but I bet they'll tweak stuff even better in the future when development is at a (what would seem to-be) more comfortable pace and STN is out the door...

Thread starter #31

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Devs added more stuff today. I edited the latest spoiler rather than create a new one since it's the same day. :)
  • Added /Tell command for sending private messages to other players. Example /t _JB lets KOS this guy (Evil laugh).
Good way to promote no KoS guys :p...

Thread starter #34
Thread starter #35
Thread starter #36

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Banned #37

Casy

Backer
woww Update Changelog können wir sehen, den Stand von alpha sehen ja ja ja coooll 90% 1,0 bis Alpha ohhh

Last edited:
Thread starter #38
Thread starter #39