• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Devs Have Been Busy (Changelog Updates)

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
I know it's too late to jump on the suggestion train, but it would be cool if you could hotkey any usable item in your inventory. Select the item, then hold down 1-9 (or whatever the key range is) to assign to that hotkey. Pressing the associated number key switches to, or uses the item as appropriate.

Thread starter #102

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Just noticed we can hotkey weapons now... very nice, was a bit of a pain going through the list to equip/switch mid-combat.

Will this also work on some items?, like water bottle/canteen... not so much the food, maybe unless it's a snack that you can eat on the spot...
I know it's too late to jump on the suggestion train, but it would be cool if you could hotkey any usable item in your inventory. Select the item, then hold down 1-9 (or whatever the key range is) to assign to that hotkey. Pressing the associated number key switches to, or uses the item as appropriate.
Agreed, most usable items should be able to be hotkeyed as they're typically small items that can easily fit in a pocket, or in the case of a canteen (say 1 pint or larger) can be easily slung over your shoulder with a strap.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I agree, I was just thinking about stuff like, tinned food compared to something that can be opened alone (with-out needing a tool) like a boxed snack or something in a wrapper...

Would be kinda pointless hotkeying an item, when you need another item to use the hotkeyed item :confused:

Thread starter #104

lovebus

Backer
I love how they're optimizing so much early on! This is usually an afterthought for many developers but a2z is doing it as they go, granted the optimizations will need testing to ensure they're working properly.

I also really like that the 'Night zombies left behind from night will become day zombies and will actively seek the shadows or building interiors.' Seems like it would be pretty cool to leave your house at/around dawn and stealthily observe them migrating to shaded areas, and vice versa for day zombies to night. I'm anxious to see how big of a difference the zombies are during the day vs night, other than the shade thing.

And of course, exploring the whole map is gonna be a big deal. :D
I fucking love how I Am Legend (book more than movie) this game is shaping up to be. It's going to be a really unique zombie experience because of how rooted it is in the Horror mega-text

lovebus

Backer
In process for Alpha 1.0:
  • Finish up logic for radios.
  • Lots of lose ends to tie together.
  • Free placement system to compliment the fixed placement setup (like locks).
  • Free placed traps.
  • Fixed traps.
  • Weapon upgrading.
  • More craftables.
  • More consumables.
  • Electrics (Probably one of the most important systems still needing implementation since it will tie a lot of features together)
  • Vehicles (We've already toyed around with implementation but still work to be done)

Known bugs:

• Able to put up planks on the inside of a window because of FortificationDivider.
  • Other players weapons state isn't buffered and therefore means that you won't always see the item they have equipped.
  • Issue where small GUI window doesn't show in the correct position.
  • Some people are experiencing issues with the in game web browser. Please search for and submit bugs and try to be as specific as possible. Some changes have already been made which should help some people.
  • Movement is high priority. Although it's been vastly improved from Stress Test V1.0.x we'll need to revisit this when character customisation is implemented.

It genuinely sounds like you could put out an alpha release right now.

AerynSuun

USA
Backer
Cool suggestions for later implementation. Its been 7 months since the planned alpha 1 release. Thinking they still have major game breaking bugs. Alpha 1 is not to be perfect.