• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Different Buildings, Different Effects

Thread starter #1

UnbuckledPie

Backer
Depending on what kind of building you're in you gain or loose an effect.
Examples:
  • Library-Increases Mental Stability, But it is a Low Defense Building
  • Gun store-Increases Ability with guns longer you stay inside
  • Prison-High Defense Building,Decreases Mental Sanity
  • Pharmacy/Hospital, Decreases Mental Sanity the longer you stay, But you can find medical supplies

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I don't know about the gun store one because if you go to a gun store irl you won't be "oh i understand everything now!" and as for the hospital, don't you think it would lower it? you know because a large ammount of zombies would be there

Thread starter #3

UnbuckledPie

Backer
I don't know about the gun store one because if you go to a gun store irl you won't be "oh i understand everything now!" and as for the hospital, don't you think it would lower it? you know because a large ammount of zombies would be there
I meant you go more insane in a hospital

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I meant you go more insane in a hospital
oh sorry! i read that wrong :p okay yeah then i agree with all of them but the gunstore
EDIT
actually don't think pharmacies should decrease mental stability

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Yeah obviously I didn't intend for this to go in the game it was a quick idea and i wanted to see what people thought
overall i like the idea :) good job man

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I just would like to see a variety of buildings :) I don't know about the whole mentality changes though. Its gonna get annoying fast.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I just would like to see a variety of buildings :) I don't know about the whole mentality changes though. Its gonna get annoying fast.
well if there is a prison i would like to keep that mentality effect because no one would really want to be in a prison, i mean i would get depressed fast unless i had hot meals, entertainment or just awesome people to be around

circularmirror7

ZombieSitter
Backer
The Hospital could decrease Mental Sanity cause during the outbreak there would be a lot of dead bodies in and around the Hospital. See that kind of s**t can make a man go insane and even get sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
The Hospital could decrease Mental Sanity cause during the outbreak there would be a lot of dead bodies in and around the Hospital. See that kind of s**t can make a man go insane and even get sick.
hahah yeah that's what he meant :p i miss read it

Last edited by a moderator:

DKSan

Backer
I like this idea! But I wouldn't necessarily add this skill factor. Sure low mental health means nothing good but while I would be in a library looting for stuff like lightbulbs, magnifying glasses or anything else likely to be found there, I wouldn't be lesser of a fighter than outside. Definitely it would increase my mental health, since there wouldn't be so many dead/undead bodys lying/running around. And in a prison or hospital it would be the other way around. As we already mentioned.
But if there is going to be a skill system, then I would find it really cool if the outcome would depend on your surroundings. Like when you have to fix your car in the middle of nowhere with a limited amount of tools and you do this successfully, your level and knowledge of quickly repairing a vehicle would increase more than doing it in a workshop or gas station. On the other hand side, doing this in a gas station or workshop would increase your knowledge in a different way. Since you have a lot more tools you can do a more high quality job and the result would be more durable.

DK

ewall

Worst Prepper Ever
Backer
I really like the idea of location-based buffs, whether temporary (only while you're in the building) or growing-over-time as UnbuckledPie suggested. Interesting...

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
It's a cool idea, but I'd really only want a building to effect mentality, and that would be maybe if there has been a horrific scene of a human buffet or maybe a friend has died there recently and for a period of time after you'll be reminded when at the spot bringing your "mood" down... but nothing permanent.