• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Different noise levels, what do you think would attract zombies the most?

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
This is intended to be a somewhat technical thread.

It'd be great if people could post lists of different noises and how much noise they think it would generate.

Use a rating of 1 - 10 for the distance the noise agro would generate.

Shotgun blast 5
Pistol 3
Hammering boards with nails 1
Frying some meat 1
Sniper rifle blast 7
Small explosion 6
Chopping a tree 2
Starting a car engine 4
Car alarm going off 6
Car being driven 3
Speaking over VOIP 2
DJ radio broadcasts 'if tuneable radios are added' 5 max
Running along roads 2
Running along grass 1
Killing a chicken 2
Starting an RV 5
Smashing a lock 3
Generator running 2
Starting up the power station 8
Using power tools 4
Breaking glass 2
Breaking big glass panes, multiple glass panes 4
Smashing into a shopping trolley 3
Hitting a brick wall with a melee weapon 2
Hitting a iron support strut with a melee weapon 3
Smashing a door open 2
Opening cupboards, draws, dressers 1
Opening fridges 2
Operating a microwave oven 2
Operating a food processor 3

Could think of more tis a good start.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not sure about the generator one, not only will they probably be more noisy, say 4 on your scale, but then the power will be used for other things, like lights. Drawing more zombies in.

Could there be a way to craft something to muffle the noises? You can make a sleeping bag from 3 clean rags, could you use the same technique to produce some cladding for a piece of equipment?

Starting up the power station, are we thinking Union Point here? If so that has to be 11 on your scale! Every zombie on the island should be drawn to that.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Not sure about the generator one, not only will they probably be more noisy, say 4 on your scale, but then the power will be used for other things, like lights. Drawing more zombies in.

Could there be a way to craft something to muffle the noises? You can make a sleeping bag from 3 clean rags, could you use the same technique to produce some cladding for a piece of equipment?

Starting up the power station, are we thinking Union Point here? If so that has to be 11 on your scale! Every zombie on the island should be drawn to that.
Yeahhhh lol, i did think 8 seemed a bit low. Would be funny to watch with a pair of binoculars. Got another idea about sound dampening, how do you do it.

Velocetation

Backer
I'd think a propane tank explosion would be louder than a sniper rifle shot, I personally think the propane tank explosion should probably be an 8

Thread starter #5

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I'd think a propane tank explosion would be louder than a sniper rifle shot, I personally think the propane tank explosion should probably be an 8
lol it wasn't meant as the only list why not add your own? The purpose is intended to provide the developers with an idea of how loud certain noises people think should be. They can then use that to balance agroing ranges.