• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Different ways to fish and different fish

Thread starter #1

EagleSquad1999

If its stupid and works then its not stupid
Backer
I think that different ways to fish such as

1. Nets
  2. Spear fishing
  3. Fly fishing
As well as different types of fish.
And maybe to fish you have to have bait.

Last edited:

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Yea how about like lobster and crab traps, found at marinas and harbors.

Batroel

Backer
love the idea, fresh fish is always better than canned food(sorry but I hate beans :D)

Rampage

Survival Veteran
Backer
Yeah I support the idea. Spear fishing would be easy to make the spear but harder to catch fish than using a rod. And a net would take longer than them both

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Yeah I support the idea. Spear fishing would be easy to make the spear but harder to catch fish than using a rod. And a net would take longer than them both
Who's up for a fishing trip?

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
yeah you would be able to get bait traps and stuff to for lakes, meadows, creeks etc. catch minnows and use them to fish, or dig for worms.

I think that different ways to fish such as

1. Nets
  2. Spear fishing
  3. Fly fishing
As well as different types of fish.
And maybe to fish you have to have bait.
Way's of collecting bait could be

Catching live bait:

1. Finding worms and night crawlers in muddy areas or under big rocks and what not on top of bare ground.
2. Minnow Traps which could be placed in creeks, ponds, rivers, etc. which would catch minnows, crayfish, and a possibility of catching young blue gills or any other young fish type. But also a risk of catching a snake (which could harm the player if not careful). Unbaited the trap would have little luck, baiting it with stuff such as pieces of bread (fresh/molded), food crumbs, deli meats, basically anything edible would improve catching a bigger amount of bait for bigger fish.
3. Finding small frogs and toads in swamps, creeks, wet areas.

Also the small live bait (except worms and night crawlers) could also be cooked and eaten by the player, though do to size would mean it would have little effect and would need bigger amounts to sustain the player.

Making lures:

Items used to make them would be like:

1. hooks
2. feathers
3. thread/wiring

Depending on the type would involve different types of feathers and possibly different colors of threads.

Looting:
Chance of finding fishing bait in boxes and small packs in Some homes or certain stores, bigger chance at bait shops as well as finding fishing poles, minnow traps and other fishing gear.

Lootable fishing gear:
1. Fishing poles
2. Fishing line
3. Fishing hooks
3. Lures (fly fishing lures, rubber lures)
4. Minnow Traps
5. Nets?
6. Harpoons? (possible near bait shops closer to an ocean side?)

Other types of fishing

Bait and wait methods:

Attaching fishing line to and empty milk jug or plastic gas can, with a baited hook on the other end could be thrown into a body of water to catch fish while the player is away.
Requires:
1 hook
1 milk jug or plastic gas can
1 fishing line
must be baited

The problem with this is that it could only catch one fish, and even then theirs a chance the fish could take the bait

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I love the idea of going out on my boat in the morning and setting out some nets, then going on a run into town and when I come back I have fresh fish!

Facerafter

Backer
I would love to be able to see fish in ponds and than just fish with a spear or something