• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

difficult settings

Thread starter #1

RaakaKarju

Backer
I know there is people who wants game to be easy, but i want it be hard so what be answer there can be different setting of difficult on servers, but can it do in this state of game.

Other solution is those house out of towns has less zombies and country side far of towns has less zombies. Towns and surraounding country side has more zombies, towns like Union Point has hunreds of zombies some roaming in streets and some in houses, so before you can go towns you need to gear up and get some friend to backup power. If you looked of map you see Union Point and Sage Creek are pretty close together and there is that powerplant so that ares of country side is packed of zombies moving town to town.

Something to "end game" to keep game interesting need some sort events what make game other way harder but something to wait to happen.
My idea is random time like 10-20 days horde of zombies washed on shores and then start roaming thru island and it take like 3-5 days when those gone back to sea on other side of island, those zombies break in houses (not break everything) and keep moving forward if there isn't player inside, but if you are some bigger building like those big appartment houses in Union Point and stay upper floors quietly so then you are safe.

Other idea from discord was there is horde of zombies move to town to town.

Offcourse when it is island there can be hurricane or other bad blizzard to break things, but same time it washes on shore some rare items or guns.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@RaakaKarju , Liking some of this, but how could it be implemented? BTW, I already find this game quite challenging!

Using my (very) limited understanding of how servers work in STN, you have one set of settings for each server. So the day/night cycle could be adjusted, for instance. [EDIT] - difficulty setting and other options would have to be global for a server.

For zombie spawns, perhaps there could be an adjustable heat map? It would be interesting to see that idea extended to item of huntable AI spawns as well. That's a shed load of extra programming for the Devs, and perhaps not something they'll be concentrating on as they try to bring the game in to Alpha.

On the subject of hoards, hasn't that been done? [7 days to die, I think was the name of the game]. But a hoard traversing the island just because it's in their way of getting from A to B, and reaping havoc as they go might be something new and different to bring to the game. Alas, again, it's a question of extra programming. If I'm not logging off at night, I tend to 'cower in the corner' of the highest , most windowless structure I can find anyway!

I can't wait for full weather conditions to be implemented. Perhaps we'll get the option to change clothing and pick-ups for those items first? Could high winds damage your fortifications, send farmable AI in to cover, wash things ashore or even reveal more pick-ups on the island?

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

RaakaKarju

Backer
I have notice you take your share of dying in game Dr.J :cool: in current version i have survived 55 nights so far and have mental state near 150, so need little more difficulty to make it harder to survive.(i'm not that good player)

This moment when zombies not jump there is way too many place to take cover at night times, like just jump on roof of pick-up truck and you are safe of tent go aswell.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well, @RaakaKarju , I do take advantage of the current game mechanics, as you say, jumping on the roof of a pickup (or a rock) can be a good way to give you advantage over the zombies.

But I consider myself a play-tester right now. You're a better "Survivor of the Nights" than I am, so perhaps we do need different classes of servers, going forward? I'm not sure that would involve different game mechanics, like the jumping zombies you suggest.

Perhaps it could be done with servers that spawned more zombies and less loot?