• Hello Guest,

We are super excited to announce that we will be launching our public alpha release v1.0 on Thursday, November 21st at 10AM PST/1PM EST/6PM GMT. See you there!

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Disability options

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Larger UI icons
Colour blind text options
Audible key feedback for blind players, AI systems that give verbal feedback if a zombie is near
^Basically an entire back system designed for blind players including menu navigation
Braille keyboard support

Im sure there's more. Feel free to add additions.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Liking this. A FPS game with inbuilt support for those that normally struggle to enjoy the genre.
I'm not registered disabled myself (horrible term, if you ask me), but some basics might be easy to implement.
Not sure anything too much could be done with the main graphics. It is the atmosphere that makes the game. I'm guessing that most people with a sight impairment that use a computer already have some software to help. But some sound tweaks should be possible to help those with hearing difficulties. Perhaps just a tick box to mute ambient sound instead of sliders? Or a setting you could make in your player profile? Is that more of a thing Steam should provide??

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Any game settings for those with impairments need to be done in game. Steam may have a few options for those with various difficulties but its nothing compared to what can be added to the game its self. Of course such options would be late in development but they certainly should be considered to an extent. I'd love to see stuff like the game being fully playable for blind players, it'd take alot of work where as other impairment options tend to be easier to add. Cost and time need to be wheighed up carefully with player base. Many more people may play who have color blind troubles or very poor vision than blind. There's other stuff too like people who suffer from motion sickness can't remember the exact sickness on pc games but it is quite well known and i know theres ways to more or less fix it in games if the option is added. I hope over time people add suggestions to this thread and it grows so by the time STN beta has launched there's a long list of impairment ideas for A2Z team to consider.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'd like to see this game be more inclusive as well @DZS, but as you say, @a2z(Interactive); need the 'bums on seats' to keep the cash coming in before they can do that.