• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Diving & Gear

Thread starter #1

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Would it be plausible to dive in the game? Such as using a snorkel and going just under the water to hide from enemies, or hunt for oysters/clams whatever.

Even scuba gear could be used.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I don't think the game's engine would support this? Not sure.

Thread starter #3

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
idk, I know i would get mostly shellfish if I was hurting for food. Easy to prepare and safe to eat.

Vegalyp

Schizophrenic Wooden Plank
Backer
I love the idea of diving, especially if the world is supposed to be island based. It makes sense, would be something the residents would have done, and would also be a decent source of food.

So I did a quick search and couldn't find any suggestions on dive equipment I don't mean full blown suba gear although on an island where the main revenue would be tourism I would make sense to have suba gear in stores. could also add under water lockers where loot can be hidden all you would need is mask snorkel flippers n weight belt. However I would understand if the whole under water movement would be a bit of a bitch to implement in to this game

Actually just had a thought on how to avoid creating an under water world, you swim or boat out to your locker location where you need the mentioned items above you remain on the surface and where there is a boye or bubbles you interact with it to gather or place your loot

Davz Not Here

Backer
So I did a quick search and couldn't find any suggestions on dive equipment I don't mean full blown suba gear although on an island where the main revenue would be tourism I would make sense to have suba gear in stores. could also add under water lockers where loot can be hidden all you would need is mask snorkel flippers n weight belt. However I would understand if the whole under water movement would be a bit of a bitch to implement in to this game
as far as i know there is no 'underwater yet' ..... that being said .....

this opens the door for a whole long list of suggestions, some already mentioned (and would tie-in with) in one thread or another, and some that would be a direct result of an underwater

just a few off the top of my head:

shipwrecks (old and modern ..... and it gives the 'event' ship wrecks someplace to go)
caves
sea life (new food sources and dangers)
other assorted resources (i.e. sand for sand bags)

That's a great idea didn't even think of that with that being said if there were to be a full blown underwater world could implement spear guns for protection against sharks and when is season wet suits to protect against jellyfish

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Last edited:

Davz Not Here

Backer

Chez

Survivor
Backer
as long as you dont instant die when you get in the water like the older GTA's im happy. i would enjoy being able to dive and explore the underwater. have caves and such like ARK does gives you something to explore and also something to kill and get some food off of.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
would love to see this in a game like STN and i'm very curious to see how it would affect the gameplay
Yea, I guess you would need something water-tight to keep your firearms from getting wet, unless you wan to leave them on the shore/boat...