• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

DIY Wind/Water Powered Electric Generator from Clothes Washing Machine

Thread starter #1

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I stumbled across this a few days ago and thought it would make a great addition to this game. Not sure how common those diodes used to make the rectifier would be in an apocalypse, I'm not all that electrical engineering savvy. I'm also not sure if this can be done with any other brands of washing machines or not, but eh still a great idea!

Basically rip the guts out of a washing machine, re-wire the starter, build a rectifier to convert the current from AC to DC, and make the necessary connections to a battery bank. You'd also need a power inverter to convert the DC signal back to AC in order to run household appliances and what not. Then it's just a matter of building the housing for your application (wind or water powered).

Obviously we won't able to just buy parts, so it'll a matter of scavenging and improvising. The solder work could likely be accomplished with a butane powered soldering iron or even just a butane torch (just be careful not to burn anything!). Here are the videos:

way420

Survivor
Backer
ya I like this might have to make one with old washer in basement lol

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like this, and well enough power for indoor lights and other small necessities.
+1