• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Dogs, cats and other animals as companions

TonsorialCrane7™

VACation Veteran
Backer
In my opinion, I'd love to see a video of a man hunting a deer but the shot gets ruined because the dogs face gets in the way of the lens, or a man walking into his house at night and finding his new found friend (cat) at the fireplace waiting for him... This may just be because I want to see how it will be done by the devs or it may be because I'd love a dog sat in the car seat next to me head out the window and playing a mixtape in the tape deck but I'd love to see what you guys think about this, love, hate, whatever but this is my suggestion the devs.

Aerius

Backer
I like the idea. "I am legend" style just having a dog around helping with barking if zombies or like. Also can help the player keep more sane.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
I love this idea! The pets could also have a positive effect on your mental health status, and be trained to fetch or catch mice or birds depending on the pet.
Yes exactly! Hunters use dogs like blood hounds to find big game maybe they could bark and run in a direction of say players animals or zombies!

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
Like I said in another thread you could also train cats to catch mice and dogs to retrieve killed birds etc.

Eyolo

Backer
Like I said in another thread you could also train cats to catch mice and dogs to retrieve killed birds etc.
If you train a cat you just have to be careful when waking up in the morning to not step on the mass of corpses the beast has piled in front of your bedroom door. Creepy ass animals.

BOOMstyx

Backer
In my opinion, I'd love to see a video of a man hunting a deer but the shot gets ruined because the dogs face gets in the way of the lens, or a man walking into his house at night and finding his new found friend (cat) at the fireplace waiting for him... This may just be because I want to see how it will be done by the devs or it may be because I'd love a dog sat in the car seat next to me head out the window and playing a mixtape in the tape deck but I'd love to see what you guys think about this, love, hate, whatever but this is my suggestion the devs.
dunno if I'd let my dog hang his head out the window during a zombie apocalypse though. Sounds like a good way to lose a friend in a horrible way.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
dunno if I'd let my dog hang his head out the window during a zombie apocalypse though. Sounds like a good way to lose a friend in a horrible way.
I AM LEGEND. That guy and his dog, survived so long with each offer the dog would bark when he heard something and it gave time for him to kill the vampire. They survived long enough to be considered the "zombie" to the vampires.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1 to the initial idea of of-course.

But I had a thought of other pets, something that would live in a vivarium/tank i.e lizard, snake, spider, fish etc... I know these would have no use apart from keeping some normality and a good stress reliever.

The downsides for these would be getting some of the equipment used to house them and the other which would count for any companion/pet and that would be keeping them fed and clean... it may not be a good idea but it's just a thought...

Last edited:

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
Mabye the cat could tear the living crap out of the rodents trying to eat your last scraps of salted bear bits on a stick.
And the dog could sniff out other animals.