• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Doors,Hinges

Should Doors be able to be removes/replaced?

• WEll YAH!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Deffinetly not, move on.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
The ability to dehinge doors and take the door with you. For example if you shoot all three hinges on a door you can get through it; or take a hammer and a screw driver and knock the bolts out of the hinge its' self and take the door with you to fortify another door way or replace a door. In some videos I have seen door ways missing doors (correct me if I am wrong) So If you could take the closet door off and put it as the main door making for better fortification, that might help a lot.

danalpatt

Backer
love the idea of being able to take doors down and put them in differant spots as long as they make it so u have to me on the hinge side to remove doors and i mean u could use a screw driver as well

+1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
1st I would like to say I really like this idea, but I think it should be done in a way so that it's not really easy to break into someones house just by taking all the hinges off. Maybe there could be a certain percentage for fail/sucess when using a screw driver, like having a chance to strip the screw or to break the bolt to make it harder to remove it.

2nd..............ahem..cough......ahem(clears throat) OMG it's Bucky! lol I love that angry angry little kitty, i think if they add tame able dog's I will have to name one Satchel.

Thread starter #4
I agree you should have to be on the hinge side of the door to remove the door. As for being able to break into it I believe that if you can add doors well you should be able to remove said added door.Maybe even be able to pry the door open to get into it if its locked maybe with a crowbar; also to secure the door be able to wedge a chair or plank under the door handle so that it can not be forced open. Electrified door handles anyone?

Also haha yah Bucky has to be the coolest kitty on the interwebs.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I like the idea of using a crowbar to pry open a door from the outside with a crowbar, and like you said there would be plenty of ways to reinforce the door to keep people from easilly prying it open. lol and if you have seen my trap ideas there are also lots of ways you can make people completly regret prying open your door.

One idea would be a long heavy smooth head bolt placed through a door, on the side you want to keep safe you would place a 2x4 or similar piece of wood long enough to go across the entire doorway with a hole drilled in the middle on the bolt. You would secure it to the door with a nut and this would allow you to have a large piece of wood you could easilly turn length wise across the doorway when inside or if you have a more secret secondary exit/entrance. With the smooth head bolt being the only thing on the attackers side it would make it hard to break the makeshift lock.

A Friendly Moosicorn

Majestic Creature
This may sound a little ridiculous, but I think that if you shoot a door with a shotgun or something, it should just be destroyed completely(so you can't take it or something). Fortifications wouldn't really stop the door from being blown open, but it might trigger a trap(like a shotgun trap). Also, if people are standing behind the door, the bullets should hit them. I can already just imagine some kind of breaching situation. Oh, and one last thing, there should be little 'peepholes'(like in hotel rooms) in some doors that let you see who's behind it.