• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Door's, Lock Pick ?

Thread starter #1
Here's a Suggestion (Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place >.< ), how about doors that are Locked ? and you may have two options, to Lock pick the door Quietly, Or break it down by bashing it with your weight (bad way to do it cuz Zombies could come) ?, maybe by using a crowbar also ?

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
As far as I've seen in the older development videos, most/all doors seem to be lockable.

But yeah, being able to lock them, maybe lock-pick them from the outside, or attempt to pry the door open would be nice.

However, to counter people from simply, and easily raiding others bases when they are gone, I think there should be some type of mechanic that makes it very very very hard to lockpick/pry open doors if the correct barricade/locks are found/crafted.

Davz Not Here

Backer
^^^^^

yeah if we (the devs) are going for realism here ..... how many people here have ever tried to pick lock? ..... and from that number how many succeeded? SO this should be further reviewed to keep some kind of balance / realism to it

i can see bashing, prying, shooting locks, etc ..... all which makes noise .....

Thread starter #4
^^^^^

yeah if we (the devs) are going for realism here ..... how many people here have ever tried to pick lock? ..... and from that number how many succeeded? SO this should be further reviewed to keep some kind of balance / realism to it

i can see bashing, prying, shooting locks, etc ..... all which makes noise .....
Well Picking a Lock doesn't make as much noise as bashing and the other things you said. But yeah it be cool idea tho

Davz Not Here

Backer
^^^^ i agree it makes less noise .....

how many locks have you picked in real life, and what is your success ratio?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
^^^^^

Its pretty easy if you learn, I know from personal experience, I used too lock my brother in his house for fun :p.

Davz Not Here

Backer
Its pretty easy if you learn, I know from personal experience, I used too lock my brother in his house for fun :p.

that's 1 out of 5200+ forum members

anyone else know how to pick locks?

Thread starter #8
^^^^ i agree it makes less noise .....

how many locks have you picked in real life, and what is your success ratio?
lol were on about a game not real life, but none if you gotta know, but if you look at the doors in the game a lot of them look pretty simple door locks. Hmm they could add in Learning for the Character, like pick up a book, read it, learn a new skill thing ?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
How about shooting the lock off?... That's sort of picking it :p

Davz Not Here

Backer
lol were on about a game not real life, but none if you gotta know,
yes but it's a game that is going for extreme reality (as far as this genre is concerned)

but if you look at the doors in the game a lot of them look pretty simple door locks. Hmm they could add in Learning for the Character, like pick up a book, read it, learn a new skill thing ?

this is exactly what i was thinking and with a huge learning curve (unless there are stats like Dex. / Agi./ )

Davz Not Here

Backer
Thread starter #12
How about shooting the lock off?... That's sort of picking it :p
LOL! oh yes that will probably Break the lock or open the door, that be an interesting idea too, if you shoot it, break it, thats it, its Stuck locked ? only way to fix it by looking for a Spare door handle or lock ?

Thread starter #13
yes but it's a game that is going for extreme reality (as far as this genre is concerned)

this is exactly what i was thinking and with a huge learning curve (unless there are stats like Dex. / Agi./ )
Yeah be a good idea too, be cool to run around looking for skill books..

Davz Not Here

Backer
i kind of like the idea of very limited skill / how to books .....

and having a do it / learn it system like Elder Scrolls and some other games .....

i'd also like to see that same system ..... made more complex ..... get your lock picking maxed ..... and suddenly you have 5 more sub-skills, digital locks, key locks, combo locks, etc

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Maybe if there are traits or career skills you can pick too start with, you could teach each other skills... e.g me and dayz not here are on out getting supplies and I observe him picking locks, maybe over a period of time watching and learning I would acquire the skill.

EDIT: Would give a good reason to team up and help.

Davz Not Here

Backer
LOL! oh yes that will probably Break the lock or open the door, that be an interesting idea too, if you shoot it, break it, thats it, its Stuck locked ? only way to fix it by looking for a Spare door handle or lock ?

YES !!!!! .... that's just my point about lock picking (and anything where realism should be paramount) ..... you shoot a door lock off that door is open .....

Thread starter #17
i kind of like the idea of very limited skill / how to books .....

and having a do it / learn it system like Elder Scrolls and some other games .....

i'd also like to see that same system ..... made more complex ..... get your lock picking maxed ..... and suddenly you have 5 more sub-skills, digital locks, key locks, combo locks, etc
Yeah a Max skill Limit, your only able to known no more then 5 skills or whatever, and once you learn the skills you gotta level those skills up ?, if you wanna learn other skills you gotta replace one of them with it ?

Davz Not Here

Backer
Maybe if there are traits or career skills you can pick too start with, you could teach each other skills... e.g me and dayz not here are on out getting supplies and I observe him picking locks, maybe over a period of time watching and learning I would acquire the skill.

EDIT: Would give a good reason to team up and help.

yes and yes and now we are floating off topic (there is a thread about careers / skills etc)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
yes and yes and now we are floating off topic (there is a thread about careers / skills etc)
I know...my bad but with something's its a matter of a combination lol of things