• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Door's, Lock Pick ?

Davz Not Here

Backer
Yeah a Max skill Limit, your only able to known no more then 5 skills or whatever, and once you learn the skills you gotta level those skills up ?, if you wanna learn other skills you gotta replace one of them with it ?

no ..... no ..... after 2 + years of non stop learning how to be a carpenter, while rebuilding a condemned house from the roof down ..... i know WAY to many fix it guys who are MASTER jacks-of-all trades ..... these guys were able to handle fixing, rigging, rebuilding, plumbing, stone, roofing, the list goes on .....

Davz Not Here

Backer
i do it all the Time Num47

conversations do have a life of their own .....

Thread starter #23
Hmm could maybe reinforce the door and lock ? have more then One lock placed on it ? what you think about that ?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Combination locks would be good to find to not be broken into via a lockpick, incase people think giving players the option to lockpick is too much.

Moderator #25

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
You guys all seriously need to look at how Project Zomboid does things... I've said is several times on here before, but I think if STN adapts or uses similar techniques of crafting/leveling/skills as PZ does, it will beat the other games in the genre.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Hmm could maybe reinforce the door and lock ? have more then One lock placed on it ? what you think about that ?
I would personally want a metal door with deadlocks and hatch too peek out from :)

Davz Not Here

Backer
at my house ..... we not only have 3 dead bolts, a chain, and a knob lock (open door there .....)

but also ..... if the door is closed ..... we have 3x angle cut 4x4's running up and down, which are bolted to a 4th 4x4 laying horizontal ..... the horizontal 4x4 has been rounded and mounted ..... you can rotate the whole thing from straight up and down, to wedged against the door ...... at that point 2x4's unfold and hit the floor for further stability and reinforcement

Thread starter #28
at my house ..... we not only have 3 dead bolts, a chain, and a knob lock (open door there .....)

but also ..... if the door is closed ..... we have 3x angle cut 4x4's running up and down, which are bolted to a 4th 4x4 laying horizontal ..... the horizontal 4x4 has been rounded and mounted ..... you can rotate the whole thing from straight up and down, to wedged against the door ...... at that point 2x4's unfold and hit the floor for further stability and reinforcement
Lol yep thats a door XD

Davz Not Here

Backer
Combination locks would be good to find to not be broken into via a lockpick, incase people think giving players the option to lockpick is too much.

well i can't pick locks ..... but as a musician i have tried more than a few times to 'hear the clicks' on combo locks ..... this can do with about a 60% success rate ..... key locks with lock picks ..... never have been able to (and iv'e tried a few times)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
well i can't pick locks ..... but as a musician i have tried more than a few times to 'hear the clicks' on combo locks ..... this can do with about a 60% success rate ..... key locks with lock picks ..... never have been able to (and iv'e tried a few times)
Lol and I thought they where harder.. I have never tried one of them, I only learned how to pick locks for practical jokes ;)

Davz Not Here

Backer
Lol and I thought they where harder.. I have never tried one of them, I only learned how to pick locks for practical jokes ;)

when i learned to do it we were 5 and gear traveling / living in the band van ..... we had found the combo lock left in some hotel room and it became a time filler to try and open it with out knowing the combo ..... i turned it in to quite the little habit for a couple years of touring ..... looking for combo locks and trying to hear them

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
You guys all seriously need to look at how Project Zomboid does things... I've said is several times on here before, but I think if STN adapts or uses similar techniques of crafting/leveling/skills as PZ does, it will beat the other games in the genre.
Off-topic (sort of) PZ has great mechanics in it too follow suite but the reason that is so in-depth IMO is that it was origionally singleplayer which meant having such things.
As much as I love multiplayer thats why I like singleplayer games more....*fingers crossed* that this team has enough know how from being gamers and what we dream of doing and being devs and doing whats possible.

*Leans over to back on-topic* Yea I would love lockpicking.

Moderator #33

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Off-topic (sort of) PZ has great mechanics in it too follow suite but the reason that is so in-depth IMO is that it was origionally singleplayer which meant having such things.
As much as I love multiplayer thats why I like singleplayer games more....*fingers crossed* that this team has enough know how from being gamers and what we dream of doing and being devs and doing whats possible.

*Leans over to back on-topic* Yea I would love lockpicking.
Yeah it seems the last couple years, that many games have came out that have left out content just because of multiplayer capabilities, which is plain stupid.

PZ is an exception IMO, if you can get over the isometric overheard view and the crap graphics, the gameplay is absolutely awesome. I mean, all someone needs to do is go to the Project Zomboid Wiki and look at the Item list and Crafting list to get an idea of how in depth and legit this game is...

Like I said, if STN can provide something similar with "real-world" stuff like PZ does, and make it into a first person point of view.... they win!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
^^ Hands Down :D

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'd like to see more of @Simon18 s idea about reinforcing locks. We've already see a way to reinforce planks on windows by adding more nails or better quality planks.
If we go back to @Num47 s and @Davz Not Here s comment about picking locks, well I was bored a year ago, and bought a starter kit from a well known online retailer. I can pick the test padlock about 25% of the time in under 60 seconds. Does it make me any good? Not by any means!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
But back on topic, Could we use wooden planks to reinforce a door as @Davz Not Here suggests? As a bracing mechanism you could fit and remove.