• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Drive-Through Gates With Man-Doors?

Thread starter #1

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I've been working on a project designing a drive-through gate that also has a man-door in one of the gate "leafs" and started to think... I don't think I've EVER seen anything like this in a game that actually FUNCTIONED! How cool would that be? I'm not sure why I haven't seen these in games. Is it because they're "unnecessary"? Is it too difficult to code? Something else?

First you have the massive gate you can open to allow vehicles through, then on the gate would also be your standard size door that you can pass in and out of when you don't want to open the entire gate (which takes longer to open and close).

This could be done with a variety of gate types. Single "leaf" gates where there is only one part that swings open & closed. Double "leaf" gates where two parts swing open & closed. Sliding gates where the gate section is either on a track or on wheels and slides alongside the fence to open & close.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about (inserts shameless image of my work in progress):

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I'd like to see these types of doors in-game... it would be nice aswell if you are able to reinforce and or modify them with barbed-wire, out-ward facing spikes etc...
+1